Personal update

Well it basically gives you mild electric shocks which affect the nerves and stop the pain signals to the brain. Works for me.
If you have it set too high though it gives you not-so-mild electric shocks which is obviously unpleasant :stuck_out_tongue:

It depends where abouts you put the pads as to how much power you need to be able to feel it… on your lower back you need it on a fairly high setting so it helps with back pain but if you put that setting on a broken arm it hurts like hell… just have to start on the lowest setting and slowly increase until it feels right.

If someone else is using the controls, just make sure you have a “safe word”. LOL :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about that. Get well soon :).
Been away from my 3D obsession for a month, so sorry for the late message.

NB: can’t speak for others, but as far as I’m concerned, tonegodgui is doing everything (and more) that I needed it to do (and I needed plenty). So no rush there.

Get well soon mate.

I got recommended a TENS machine a couple years ago, but it didn’t really do anything for my chronic back/neck pain. I used it so much (pretty much all day), that it actually made my skin where I attached them bubble for a few weeks xD.

If your still in pain after your casts are removed, then I would recommend daily physio exercises and swimming to help ease the pain, but it still hasn’t cured me unfortunately.

<cite>@wezrule said:</cite> I got recommended a TENS machine a couple years ago, but it didn't really do anything for my chronic back/neck pain. I used it so much (pretty much all day), that it actually made my skin where I attached them bubble for a few weeks xD.

If your still in pain after your casts are removed, then I would recommend daily physio exercises and swimming to help ease the pain, but it still hasn’t cured me unfortunately.

Pain is finally starting to subside… no more pain meds. Now it’s just a waiting game for bones to mend.

On the positive side, I was able to get my son out of the way before the drunk plowed both of us over >.<

<cite>@t0neg0d said:</cite> Pain is finally starting to subside... no more pain meds. Now it's just a waiting game for bones to mend.

On the positive side, I was able to get my son out of the way before the drunk plowed both of us over >.<

These are all great news. :smiley: Happy to hear that.

2 Likes
@t0neg0d said: Pain is finally starting to subside... no more pain meds. Now it's just a waiting game for bones to mend.

So glad to hear this. Many of us have been worried about you.

I hope you will recover fully. I have a friend who was run over (yes, bump bump over) by a drunk driver as a teenager and still lives with the ramifications.

My heart did a little kathunk about you being able to get your son out of the way. These things give me nightmares.

1 Like
<cite>@t0neg0d said:</cite> Pain is finally starting to subside... no more pain meds. Now it's just a waiting game for bones to mend.

Holey cow. That must of been very traumatic! Really hope you get better soon xx

On a side note, are you a super-mum? I completely never realised you were a parent, how you manage to do that and buckets amount of work you do in this community is beyond me! Amazing!

Whoa, another real-life reminder to not drink and drive!
Get well soon! :slight_smile:

Woohoo… I be castless… finally.

EDIT: I guess braceless would be a bit more accurate.

At first, I thought you said you were “castles”… and that was really confusing. :wink:

1 Like
<cite>@pspeed said:</cite> At first, I thought you said you were "castles"... and that was really confusing. ;)

I remotely felt like a castle… Back and neck brace… talk about super-comfy!

If it counts…

Get well.

2 Likes