Physics based explosion

I know that their is already a very concise way to create particle explosion effects, but what about physical ones?

I've been looking arround these forums for a while now, and still havn't found a good way to create a physical explosion. I'm not talking about a particle emitter, I'm talking about a car that slams into a building and EXPLODES! Throwing players, small objects, possibly car parts, in an outward pattern in reciprocation with an actual explosion! How would somebody go about this? Is it even possible to create a method addExplosion(Vector3f location, float diameter, float falloff, float force); ?

I thought thats what the brickwall example does…

Also the TestRagdollCharacter has an explosive projectile when you use the right mouse button.

Edit : and I mean a physical explosive projectile.

EXPLODES! Throwing players, small objects, possibly car parts, in an outward pattern in reciprocation with an actual explosion! How would somebody go about this? Is it even possible to create a method addExplosion(Vector3f location, float diameter, float falloff, float force); ?

Yes ! Explosion, blood, horror and destruction is possible in just a few lines of code !

In fact JME means “JMichaelBayEngine”.

1 Like