PhysX4Java alpha 0.0000000000000001 released

You don't need admin rights all of the time because most of the time you don't install anything or do any administrative tasks  but do other things like reading documents, programming etc.

Problem of being admin all the time is malicious software like viruses and spyware can install more easy through you. If you're  not admin it makes it a lot harder.

Almost every Win XP installation has been infected with spyware. When you think about it that is totally unacceptable but MS are afraid to make their systems anymore

complicated out of fear of losing the ordinary crowd that will never understand nothing of anything (actually I think people will understand it very well but MS is not taking any changes).

And I'm not lashing windows users at all…I realize that not everybody can or should have deep knowledge about computers. But I AM lashing Microsoft because of their greediness and indifference towards their users.

<Checks the second hand on his watch waiting for the "OS X is better than everything" post>

All we need is a Mac evangelist and we're all set!  Both sides make good points, but none of it has to do with PhysX.  :smiley:

OS X Is better than everything… There, happy? 

Not until a physics implementation for jME which can restrict axes without using multiple joints is released.

Baune, get off your soapbox and back to work on the PhysX implementation!!!  :stuck_out_tongue:

chirstius said:

<Checks the second hand on his watch waiting for the "OS X is better than everything" post>

All we need is a Mac evangelist and we're all set!  Both sides make good points, but none of it has to do with PhysX.  :D

Now before I step down from my soapbox..i DIDN'T say that something was better than something else..I think I explained why it's not necessary to have admin rights all of the time and then why so many have it anyway.
Honestly I don't know and don't care what OS is best. But I know what OS users are the ones with the most expertise though  :D :D

And that is....Windows  XP users ! }:-@ }:-@

I hear that.

Baune said:

... But I know what OS users are the ones with the most expertise though

This is what they say :

Deployment

The core AGEIA PhysX files (PhysXCore.dll, NxCooking.dll and the firmware binaries) are no longer intended for distribution within a game installer.

Instead, a dedicated installer for developers to execute as part of the install process is provided.

The installer will install the software runtime files and, if necessary, the AGEIA PhysX hardware drivers.

The redistributable installer is available from (SDK Path)DeploymentPhysXInstallinstaller.

Command line options:

PhysXInstaller_x.x.x.exe [/semiSilent] [/noLanguageSilent] [/noXFIRE] [/noSysTray] [/noHwDriver]

/semiSilent - will not show the installation options page, only the language selection, license agreement page, and install files page

/noLanguageSilent - will not show the installation options page, only the license agreement page and install files page

/noXFIRE - will not install the XFIRE client (this will uncheck the option)

/noSysTray - will not autostart the PhysX system tray icon (this will uncheck the option)

/noHwDriver - will not install the AGEIA PhysX Processor Device Driver (this will uncheck the option)

NOTE: This is not a completely silent PhysX installation due to the EULA agreement that the end user must check.

Correct me if I am wrong, but does this mean PhysX will only work on Windows boxes? :? If so, that would suck really bad!

Yes for now that is right. But they say that there will be a Linux version some day.

Baune said:

Yes for now that is right. But they say that there will be a Linux version some day.

....and JGN will have a larger following than SGS some day. ;)

Yes yes but who can match JGN… :smiley:

Baune said:

Yes yes but who can match JGN.. :D

Your logic is impeccable. ;)

Hmm anywhere I can download JME physics ? at work right now and the firewall will not let me check out from CVS.

Theres a few versions here; probably not entirely up to date tho with the latest in CSV.

https://jmephysics.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=5060&expandFolder=5060&folderID=5059

Then you could view the individual files you need the most up-to-date version of:

https://jmephysics.dev.java.net/source/browse/jmephysics/

I would love to see triangular meshes loaded and available as physics objects (actors in this case if I am correct). Is there anyway I can help on implementing this? by the way, I am quite unhappy about the crashes I am encountering with current physics calculations, and I think there is some hope :slight_smile: on physix library.

Thanks

oramia said:

I would love to see triangular meshes loaded and available as physics objects (actors in this case if I am correct). Is there anyway I can help on implementing this? by the way, I am quite unhappy about the crashes I am encountering with current physics calculations, and I think there is some hope :) on physix library.

Thanks

Well there is certainly hope. It never crashed on me yet . If you check out physx4ja from svn you can see how the binding was made. When I have time I'll implement your request..other than that I could use a helping hand so if you have time..all the hard work is done now all you need to do is implement a few functions.

Of course as Irrisor said the binding itself can generate crashes (which of course happens until the bugs are sorted out). It hasn't been bad so far but then again..nobody has been using it :)

Irrisor  I'm curious as how you can make bindings to native objects other than by handwriting them. I've been looking through the entire JNI documentation and so
far have only found examples on how to call native C like functions.
ODE is pretty straightforward to implement because it is not object oriented so I can understand why swig is having an easy time here.
Baune said:

Irrisor  I'm curious as how you can make bindings to native objects other than by handwriting them.

Well, generating them :) - As I already wrote above, SWIG can be used for C++ classes, too. (Noodleglue seems to be abandoned, unfortunately.)

But don't worry, having carefully handwritten bindings is great, too :)

Hmm yes they do say so…well it's more fun to handwrite them :slight_smile: