Pixel Hero -The Run (Android game)

Hi folks,
After a little side track this week I am almost finished with a small little game that I wanted to do for a while now.
I scrabbed a few things together and after a couple of days I have this.

Honestly I think this is probably the most FUN game I ever did in jME.

Here is a Windows download link for you: Download Link

Android play store link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bruynhuis.pixelhero

This is again a Endless Running game and you have to go as far as possible. You need to catch the fruit for energy and then you can also pickup wings that will allow you to fly like Flappy Bird.
You also have a verity of players.
Trailer
[video]http://youtu.be/wGJQ_hlgRMk[/video]

SOME SCREENSHOTS:

Have fun you all…

:mrgreen:

7 Likes

Not easy, but fun :wink:

Maybe add a loading bar for the jump ?

Hi, thanks.
Well I could add a loading bar but then again it is so quick it wont make sense.
Also I wanted the game to be difficult. If you look at something like timberman or flappy bird those were very hard.

PREVIEW VIDEO HERE:
[video]Pixel Hero: The Run - Trailer1 - YouTube

I’m not disagreeing with the difficulty, I think it’s refreshing to have games that are hard to master again :slight_smile:

However, I do think that not showing something between mousepress and mouserelease presents a small useability issue.

One other small thing is that the button to start playing (at the character selection screen) is only clickable
when the character is at the center of the screen, but it does give the impression that you can start playing
immediatly.

I found no other issues (but I haven’t gotten very far yet), looks very polished.

Aaa. Okay cool.
I agree with you in that sense. I shall have a look at some sort of power indicator.
The menu play button was done that way for a reason. If i think about it, it must not even display until ready.

Wow. Thanks for all the feedback.b

1 Like
@daenim said: I'm not disagreeing with the difficulty, I think it's refreshing to have games that are hard to master again :)

However, I do think that not showing something between mousepress and mouserelease presents a small useability issue.

One other small thing is that the button to start playing (at the character selection screen) is only clickable
when the character is at the center of the screen, but it does give the impression that you can start playing
immediatly.

I found no other issues (but I haven’t gotten very far yet), looks very polished.

There is a new version to download at the same link: link

You will be happy to know that I made lots of fixes for the way one jumps.
Maybe this will feel a little bit more usable.

1 Like

Great,

i get a better feeling of control now, it’s still difficult but it makes it easier to learn and master now =)

Excellent. On the other hand, this app is made for touch devices so it might have a completely different feeling.
The mouse press was just for testing on PC.

Thanks again for testing this.

260 meters now, so I’m improving :wink:

small things :

• a platform can be very high and then it’s not possible anymore to see the character completely
  • play button should also be hidden/disable when the characters swap in the selection screen.
  • sometimes i lose the window, don’t know exactly why and how it is happening.
  • when you lose wings while in the air you can still jump in mid air

Like the characters btw, Optimus Prime is cool.

O yeah, thanks for point those out.
I shall work on them soon.
So the most top platform is then basically to high?
I did the jump when loosing wings for a reason, I think this can help the player just a little bit.
What do you think?

Maybe a blinking mode for the wings ? That is usually a nice indicator that a power-up will disappear soon.

And the top most platform is indeed a bit too high.

Looking cool, i’m allready more or less hooked :wink:

regards,
Koen

Awesome.
Do you by any change have an Android phone?
When I release I surely would like if you can test it for me.

Two more problems:

with wings , you can keep clicking and get very high (outside the window)
when in the air, and not able to jump, the jump sound still plays if you click.

I have a nexus 7 tablet and a sony android phone (but the sony one is very crappy).

Thanks. I got those as well.

Okay. New version available.
Bug fixes and sound effects.

Hmm this looks awfully similar to something http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/february-2014-monthly-wip-screenshot-thread/page/5/ :smiley:

Hi guys,
For those interested in this Super Cool Android game, you can download it here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bruynhuis.pixelhero

Any comments or ratings welcome.
I request some testing please?

Its a fun little game

Tested and all seems to work quite nice. Would be curious how fast the game runs on my phone. A checkbox to “hidden command” to enable the stats view would be nice…

I am asking this because i have already perfomance issues with 1 animated model and 5 small models on my device (Unshaded of course)

Okay, your wish is my command.
I shall add something and tell you how to enable.
I usually do it on the pause button, but the game doesn’t have one so I will add it to the main menu.

I am curious, what phone did you use and how did it perform?