Playing animations backward by setting negitive speed doesn’t work anymore

In my older frozen jme3beta stable I could set character animations to play in reverse by setting the speed to a negative value, this no longer seems to work… I found it quite handy for animations that looked passable both played fwd and backward or to simulate the start of a deflected attack…is that a bug or was it an unintended side-effect that is now gone for good, if it is the latter, is there another built in way to play animations in reverse. that can be quite handy in many situations.

thanks

2 Likes

anybody??? knows I have to rewrite this part of my game or make new assets it would be good to have a clear way forward

dude, not even 10 hours, some people just got out of bed and back from work in that time…

@normen said:
dude, not even 10 hours, some people just got out of bed and back from work in that time..

sorry ...............it's that when stuff get down the board it seems to disappear into oblivion .................its going to be 8 hours till I get back in front my dev pc aswell so I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit...................sorry again

mhhh that’s strange, that’s what the Loop.Cycle does…

@Momoko_Fan, any ideas?

1 Like

Yes I know about the bug and how to fix it. You can revert for now or try to fix it yourself. The issue is in the AnimChannel class.

1 Like

@mcbeth, could you please add an issue in the issue tracker http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/issues/list?can=2&q=label%3AProduct-jME3

thanks

1 Like
@nehon said:
@mcbeth, could you please add an issue in the issue tracker http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/issues/list?can=2&q=label%3AProduct-jME3
thanks

done
2 Likes
@Momoko_Fan said:
Yes I know about the bug and how to fix it. You can revert for now or try to fix it yourself. The issue is in the AnimChannel class.

took a stab at fixing this to upgrade my projects jme3 unfortunately I cant seem to locate the issue....... "doesn't seem" to originated in Animation Channel still could be wrong though compared both classes to find the issue tested a few things but nothing seems to work

even tried something radical and swapped the animation channel code first old into new and then vice versa, animation inversion is broken either way for a "fresh" svn download and if I plug the last updated Anim channel class into my frozen jme3(expected) are u 100% certain the issue is in animation channel if so can u say where atleast............I've tried to use it as-is as well and ignore the lack of inversion but things gets too weird with combat and makes it hard to notice "real" animation issues.
1 Like

Where’s the issue you posted on the tracker? Can you provide a link please?

@Momoko_Fan said:
Where's the issue you posted on the tracker? Can you provide a link please?

sure no problem http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/issues/detail?id=509
1 Like

Actually, I am not sure what the issue is. It is definitely in AnimChannel though, since it controls the timeline for animation.

@Momoko_Fan said:
Actually, I am not sure what the issue is. It is definitely in AnimChannel though, since it controls the timeline for animation.

if that were the case wouldn't a reversion fix the issue somewhat?, it may well be in AnimChannel but in concert with another class change some where maybe..................but then putting the new Anim Channel class in my old jme3 also breaks animation inversion there aswell so :? :?:? :? :?

did someone fix this recently…if not this might have been caused by some weird workspace corruption on my end…in tryin to fix this I encounter alot of weirdness in my environment and decided to delete my jme trunk version and redownload it…now the animations seem to work correctly as of yesterday.

1 Like