Please contribute to the HCL (Hardware compability list)!

so should we just login an add to the table our selves or post in here what's going on?

GeForce 7800 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
Driver Version: 6.14.11.6344
Everything is ok!

Just add it yourself assuming you have an account (if not just register  :P) no seriously, I could add it if you want.

kk i added it…

Added Macintosh PowerBook 12" 1.5GHz. I'll check it again with CVS head soon…

About Intel GPU on Mac I can say a lot, since I own one.

It’s been an interesting challenge, but not completely unhappy. To sumarize everything:

1 - OpenGL 1.2 + some ARB is a shame (the hardware is 1.4 capable) but most things work, except for shaders. Some of them work but with crappy performance.

2 - On the other side I could concentrate on the gameplay, fun and creativity for graphics. I think is a shame what some poor minded developers do using a lot of resources. If I would target at expensive hardware I’d force myself to do REALLY cutting edge graphics…

Take a look at Dirty Racers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5jh12q54Jw

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=5850

It’s fast and fun even on really crappy hardware. Now I’m concentrating in better models and textures… And a different render path for more advanced GPUs, with shadows, some bump mapping and reflection shaders…

Just a random thought… but wouldn't be an idea to have a tool that checks the graphics card if it can handle the effects JME has? Some kind of "Auto-detect" tool that checks what effects the card can handle and what it can't?

If you want to get fanatic, harvest the outcome of the test and store it in a database  }:-@

tim8dev said:

Well, maybe one should add a "@Deprecated" annotation or something like this to the page,
when i started to use jMonkeyEngine, it was very confusing to me, that there were only old graphics card listed,

maybe add some notification to the top!

Or perhaps branch off within this thread or a new one with an updated list!!! :p

Well, maybe one should add a "@Deprecated" annotation or something like this to the page,

when i started to use jMonkeyEngine, it was very confusing to me, that there were only old graphics card listed,

maybe add some notification to the top!