PLEASE HELP: command prompt test problem

I just compiled the jME code, and I was testing the engine, but the test threw a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/jmex/awt/lwjgl/LWJGLCanvas. What should I do?

[move]HELP!!![/move]

add all the jars in the lib folder to the classpath (you're missing at least lwjgl.jar), additionally add the lib folder to the java.library.path while you're at it… or following the getting started guide in the wiki :wink:

I used the Getting Started guide, and I used this command: java -Djava.library.path=./lib -cp

./lib/lwjgl.jar;./lib/jogg-0.0.5.jar;./lib/jorbis-0.0.12.jar;./target/jme.jar;./target/jme-awt.jar;./target/jme-effects.jar;./target/jme-model.jar;./target/jme-sound.jar;./target/jme-terrain.jar;./target/jmetest.jar;./target/jmetest-data.jar jmetest.effects.TestDynamicSmoker
. Also, when I ran Ant to compile it I kept on getting warnings about using the Sun proprietary API. Could that have anything to do with it?

young_programmer said:

Also, when I ran Ant to compile it I kept on getting warnings about using the Sun proprietary API. Could that have anything to do with it?

no

Probably you're on Mac/Linux? Then you need to separate the paths with colons instead of semicolons. Also, which is the current directory? Check that "dir lib" gives you a list of that jars, if you're running windows.

Additionally I recommend to gather some more Java experience before going for game development. It can be frustrating as it's a complex topic. And IMO it requires using an IDE.

http://www.thejavatutorial.com

Thank You! The program works a little longer now, but it stops and says:

SEVERE: Exception

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not find a valid pixel format.

Now what should I do?

Install a recent graphics driver. Check that other OpenGL Applications are running fine (accelerated!).

Thank you everybody who helped. I finally updated my driver, and it works!