Please help with the linked objects :(

guys, i really need ur help. i had imported an objects; one of my model i chose to link many objects in it to use to came up with a town then after i have successfully linked all of the houses and buildings i need i’m now trying to link that one object with many linked objects in it to the terrain which i created using the terrain editor that jme provided but i got an error it says there “error in scene!java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:Direct buffer memory” and at the bottom t has a adding model with a loading bar but i’ve waited for about 4 hours yet it didn’t and still loading. what should i do? please help.

and oh sorry for my bad english, i’m trying to improve it. thanks

Do you use the latest stable updates? If yes then your scene is simply too big and you need to raise the memory limit for the SDK.

thanks for the reply. i tried to raise the memory limit by editing the .conf but when i save it gives me access denied. why is it like this? thanks again

Because of user rights on your OS I suppose.

Well, you should have access to the conf. file. What system do you use? Under linux, you can make yourself owner of the conf. file with sudo chown username:root filename

im using windows. how about under windows?

i already raised the memory limit for SDK and the the direct buffer memory was not there anymore. awhile ago i was able to link the town im trying to link and i linked it successfully but when i click save for testing it’s saving so long so i thought it’s just because i need to raise more the memory so i did but now im still having trouble it’s adding for so long but it doesn’t have any error. huhu :cry: what should i need to do?

it may be a bug with jmp ?

is your town simple ? if yes why don’t you post the file.

@chacha said:
thanks for the reply. i tried to raise the memory limit by editing the .conf but when i save it gives me access denied. why is it like this? thanks again

Not able to check this right now but it wouldn't be terribly surprising if the .conf file was locked for editing while the application was open...

thanks guys for the replies, i really appreciate it and really thankful for all your help.

and yay it works now, im able to link the town. many thanks to all of you :slight_smile: