Plot for XVII

Hi all,

A friend of mine has written a 19 page novel which I am basing my game around. The novel is called "Numbers"

The story line is as follows:

Your a psychopath who has been locked in a mental institution ever since you were 12 after you murdered your family because a voice in your head said so.

So on 17/May/1984 (Your 34) the voice in your head says to escape and kill the people at "17 Heathside road". You do so and the story line is basically you VS the voice in your head. The plot thickens when the police come after you and a strugle to gain control of your own body emerges. But thats the gist of it.

Do you think its too violent? The story line is pretty intense and it has some very nice twists to it. But if I told it to you, it would ruin the game.

What do you all think?

Any comments are appreciated, DP

yeah, i have alienshooter. My game is going to sort of a mix between Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid and a tiny weany bit of Splinter Cell.

I like games with stories behind them, they always provide that extra thing for me. The gameplay wont be very very very fast like Alien Shooter. But youd have your hand full. Thats the design doc anyway…

DP

"DarkProphet" wrote:
My game is going to sort of a mix between Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid and a tiny weany bit of Splinter Cell.

Isn't this too ambitious ? :P

I thought so too. But the good parts about them all is the graphics. The code itself is not that difficult. Well, its difficult, but im sure il make it. Il be doing the modeling (so dont count on it being good), and a friend is gonna be doing the texturing (he’s awsome tho!).

Obviously it wont be as good as them for obvious reasons that Im a one man team, while they were probs 5+.

It will take some time, im sure, but hey, i aint got nothing better to do in my time :wink:

DP

If you want I can help you for the graphics in a near futur, 'cause I’m going into a infographist school so…