Plugin Update Freezing

I am having issues updating my plugins. After selecting the plugins to install and accepting the license agreement, I get to the progress bar. It moves just fine for a few seconds, then stops.

I have found that it seems to only affect larger/core updates. If I do the smaller ones, usually one at a time, it goes through fine. I have also let it sit overnight to see if I just need to be patient but it never budged. I have found that repeated attempts (closing JDK and restarting again) can eventually get some of them through or get further, but it’s a crap shoot.

Since the smaller updates go through fine, and the bigger ones can eventually go through, I do not believe it is a connection issue (though I’m certainly open to suggestions).

I would appreciate any help as to what may be the cause for the updater to freeze (or how to get around it)?

Thanks in advance for your time!

I had this same problem. I had JDK 7 installed. Removed JME and JDK. Installed JDK 6 and reinstalled JME and it worked.

@jason158 said:
I had this same problem. I had JDK 7 installed. Removed JME and JDK. Installed JDK 6 and reinstalled JME and it worked.

@valcaris can you verify this? It would be kind of incredible if this were the case..

Thanks for the suggestion! I am using JDK 7, so that’s certainly a possibility. I’m having trouble with the install/uninstall at the moment, so I may need to clean some stuff out and start over. At the moment when I try to update it’s giving me:

Networking problem in http://jmonkeyengine.com/updates/nightly/3.0beta/plugins/jmonkeyplatform/com-jme3-gde-project-testdata.nbm

But I’m not done yet. Just wanted to give an update :slight_smile:

I have the same problem, but am running 1.6.0_24.

Any update up to about 50K loads, anything larger hangs the downloader.

yh i had the same problem on the JDK 7 64bit, used Java 6 and it worked fine, this was a couple of months ago tho

Just another update. I decided to just download the updates manually and install them locally.

I navigate to:

http://jmonkeyengine.com/updates/nightly/3.0beta/plugins/jmonkeyplatform/

Right-click on each item I want, select “Save Link As…” and save to a local file.

Then in JME3, I select the “Downloaded” tab on the plugin updater and select everything.

Yeah, thats the “russian” solution :wink: Firewalls and virus protection software sometimes don’t play nice with the SDKs net connection, did you try disabling that?