Plugin vs. module vs. library vs. extension

@normen, there’s a problem with the license.

I provided a license.txt file and pointed to it in my NBM package metadata, but when I installed the plugin no license was displayed.

What should I do to fix this?

Yeah, somehow the assembling of the licenses fails when the plugins are built… I’ll see if I can insert it manually to the distribution server.

1 Like

Also, the library I provided is not usable. When I add it to a project and examine it in the application’s Properties->Libraries, its classes, sources, and javadoc are all red.

@sgold said: Also, the library I provided is not usable. When I add it to a project and examine it in the application's Properties->Libraries, its classes, sources, and javadoc are all red.

Might be that is because you had to define the Library in your own SDK once to create the module, it won’t be overwritten by the plugin because you “changed” it. Just checked out the plugin and it works fine for me. You might want to add a SDK restart to the installation (checkbox in settings) because the Library list doesn’t get updated right away for me.

1 Like
@normen said: Might be that is because you had to define the Library in your own SDK once to create the module, it won't be overwritten by the plugin because you "changed" it. Just checked out the plugin and it works fine for me. You might want to add a SDK restart to the installation (checkbox in settings) because the Library list doesn't get updated right away for me.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I’ve specified nbm.needs.restart=true in my latest commit.

@Normen, did you try referencing SkyControl in a project, say with [java]import jme3utilities.sky.SkyControl; [/java]? That’s where I’m stuck right now.

@sgold said: @Normen, did you try referencing SkyControl in a project, say with [java]import jme3utilities.sky.SkyControl; [/java]? That's where I'm stuck right now.

Yes. Look at the library entry. I’m pretty sure it still points to your build in your case.

1 Like
@normen said: Yes. Look at the library entry. I'm pretty sure it still points to your build in your case.

You were right. The library didn’t go away when I un-installed the plugin, so I deleted it manually and reinstalled, and now the library seems to work.

@normen said: Yeah, somehow the assembling of the licenses fails when the plugins are built.. I'll see if I can insert it manually to the distribution server.

The license is still not being displayed by the plugin installer.

@sgold said: The license is still not being displayed by the plugin installer.

Well nothing changed, or did you do anything?

@normen said: Well nothing changed, or did you do anything?

I’ve made a couple small changes to the plugin, but nothing that should affect the license. Did you try inserting it manually to the distribution server?

@sgold said: I've made a couple small changes to the plugin, but nothing that should affect the license. Did you try inserting it manually to the distribution server?

No, thats what I wanted to imply.

Okay, I uploaded the license manually. Funny thing is that locally the licenses folder gets built… I guess something in the build scripts changed with NetBeans Platform 7.3

1 Like

Thank you.

@normen said: Yeah, somehow the assembling of the licenses fails when the plugins are built.. I'll see if I can insert it manually to the distribution server.

Can I update my plugin’s license via Subversion, or would manual intervention at the distribution server be required?

@sgold said: Can I update my plugin's license via Subversion, or would manual intervention at the distribution server be required?

Yeah, I’d have to build the contrib repo locally and copy it over. So you’ll first have to check it in.

1 Like

Might be I fixed the issue, please tell me tomorrow if the license got updated or not.

https://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyplatform-contributions/source/detail?r=1392

I’ve committed a license change which should make it easy to determine whether the server gets updated tonight or not.

1 Like
@sgold said: I've committed a license change which should make it easy to determine whether the server gets updated tonight or not.

Looks like it didn’t get updated. @normen, would you be so kind as to copy over the updated license?

Can anyone help with this? I don’t want people to mistakenly conclude that there’s no license for SkyControl.