Pong – Somthing To Collide With

This was a little thing I made after looking over the form about collision detection. :smiley:

The concept is that the level is fully customizable after looking at the makeGameLevel() method you should know how to create your own level using blender and the JMP.

Download Source

Main Class
there is nothing to it all the setup is done in the level J3O
[snippet id="50"]

Is there a way to set bounds small than its spatial other than creating another mesh?
2 Likes

Hah, very cool ^^ But note that you can even add the Controls themselves in the j3o!

1 Like

Ya I looked at that but then you have to save the j3o with the controls this way you could create a new level whenever you wand with just modeling and adding a few of user data objects.

…which you could do visually w/o having any idea of programming using the SDK :slight_smile: Thats kind of the point, that people can start building levels and use your fresh code that are not necessarily programmers but rather artists and editors.

Thank you I didn’t think of that.

I will update it. But Mainly this was to show some of the people asking about collision detection another way of looking at it the level loader is just something I was testing out.

I use eclipse a lot of the time.

This is a question I haven’t looked into yet but. Is there a way to set bounds small than its spatial other than creating another mesh?

@skidrunner said:
I use eclipse a lot of the time.

THAT is why every jME3 programmer should always use the SDK.

@normen said:
Hah, very cool ^^ But note that you can even add the Controls themselves in the j3o!

@madjack said:
THAT is why every jME3 programmer should always use the SDK.

What does this have to do with my question?

@skidrunner said:
This is a question I haven't looked into yet but. Is there a way to set bounds small than its spatial other than creating another mesh?

Did you check out the Download Source link? this thing is just for fun. I did see Normen's post. I will implement this feature if it is that important to you.
@skidrunner said:
What does this have to do with my question?

Hmmm... I don't see a question anywhere.

I started copying the jars from JMP after update to my flash drive. and starting all my projects with the SDK so maybe I wont get yelled at when I post thing. :smiley: