Power of Two Texture Support

I am probably going to do all my GUI work with swing, since I am comfortable with it, but was wondering about the implications of using a JMEDesktop on graphic cards with no power of two texture support.  The code required to resize the quad and JMEDesktop to the next power of two wouldn't be all that complicated, but I am wondering if it would even be worth it.  Do all modern graphics cards (aka the kind that would be playing a game) have the ability to render arbitrairly sized textures?  Finally, is there a way to check if the current computer can render non power of two textures?

Last of all, I don't know if this trick is worth its own thread, but by default, Substance LAF will render a dithered background on the quad which obstructs whatever is behind it, this can be disabled with:

myDesktop.getJDesktop().setOpaque(false);

myDesktop.getJDesktop().setBorder(null);

I think jME does the transformation automatically for you if the card doesn't support non power of 2 textures and you use them.

perick said:

I think jME does the transformation automatically for you if the card doesn't support non power of 2 textures and you use them.

But if the quad isn't resized as well wont the texture be smooshed?
But if the quad isn't resized as well wont the texture be smooshed?

If they are sized automatically, they are probably scaled too, so they will display properly.

I don/t know if this is the case, cause i

I don/t know if this is the case, cause i