Pre challenge nr. 2 discussion

Suggestion for a quick contest.

mojo's birthday is comming up on the 14th of October.

Maybe the most realistic birthday cake wins?

realtime cake with shaders and particle effects?  :smiley:

such a pity my card doesn’t support GLSL  :’(

How about "most realistic flaming monkey" instead?

or a "Bash The Monkey!" game  :smiley:

For some sad reason I think that a "Bash the frog" game would be more popular around here. 

hey! don't try to redirect all the attention to yourself again :stuck_out_tongue: it's his birthday so it's his right to be bashed.

Oh, see, I was actually primarily talking about Mojo…the guy that once changed my privileges on here to be "jME Whipping Boy".  :stuck_out_tongue:

now i don't see anything wrong about that, so that's not an excuse  }:-@

We really do need to start up another contest, and if techniques used to render a birthday cake can be applied generally, that works for me. I just don't see how I have to supply gifts on my birthday… seems like a scam to me.  :stuck_out_tongue:

It is a scam…I just didn't think you'd see through it.  :stuck_out_tongue:

I'd still like to push for a simple AI implementation…whoever comes up with the best (we could decide what points to judge on) wins.

Environmental effects…? :slight_smile:

I don't have a problem with Environmental effects.

Flowing lava… one month starting now.

What about different rain simulation methods (particles, billboards), snow (falling snow, modeled snow accumulation), lightning and clouds (volumetric, sky dome/box moving textures)?

I think we should go for environmental effects. I'll suck out a mesh loadable through the collada or jme loader. a mesh, textures, normal/tangent/binormal(for those who want to use that). some snip of a terrain with some stuff on(some trees, a house or something).

what do you say?

As long as the birthday cake is in there, I’d hate for mojo to feel… unappreciated :’(.

Maybe your lightning can start the candle and the rain and snow can put it out :).

(BTW- what on earth kind of situation would you use the ‘afro’ emoticon?)

Dude!  That's Mr. Green!  :smiley:

darkfrog said:

Dude!

i don't get it either…

…I don't either, but when you click on it, it says "mrgreen"…  :stuck_out_tongue: