Pre-Rendering Light Point

Hi does JME can pre-rendering points light on the scene like this screen from UDK ? http://img.clubic.com/00401769-photo-gears-of-war.jpg

I heard that if not we can’t have more than 8 point light on the screen beside consuming a lot of ressources ,

Thank you.

You can do that with modeling tools such as e.g. Blender3D.

Do you mean baking?

Isn’t is possible to have unlimited lights? :?

Yes i mean baking iamcreasy,

it seems this feature is not implemented on the engine that makes me very sad >.> , I know we can do it with blender or 3DSMAX but omg the time i’ll loose into them.

the engine should really have this feature.

We already support a fully dynamic lighting model through our PSSM and SSAO support, this handles both direct and indirect shadows. The need for lightmaps is thus greatly reduced.

@Momoko_Fan Can we have unlimited lights in our scene?

I heard this requires deferred rendering and jME uses Forward Rendering system.

Is there any plan to implement deferred rendering system in jME?

EDIT : corrected :smiley:

I think its called “deferred rendering” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_shading). Seems complex stuff… Oh, and I am waiting for it too… :smiley:

I have attempted to implement deferred rendering in jME3 already, however remember that this technique will only work on the very best of GPUs.

We are trying to maintain our baseline OpenGL2 requirement, so we need to try to reduce the number of features that are “required” to run the engine.

1 Like

Umm, aren’t the modest Graphics cards are powerful enough to power Deferred shading?

Is it impossible to have both Forward and Deferred at the same time and make them switchable when required?

iamcreasy said:
Umm, aren't the modest Graphics cards are powerful enough to power Deferred shading?

Is it impossible to have both Forward and Deferred at the same time and make them switchable when required?

Many recent games don't use deferred shading.
There's a constant performance loss associated with simply using it, and the only way to compensate is to add more lights until using forward shading becomes slower.
So at that point you already took out any of the "weak" cards.

To have it switchable is possible of course, it will probably work either through Filters or SceneProcessors.