Preview of Alpha-4 video

Hey monkeys,

I have started working on a video for Alpha-4, have a look.

I still want to improve the end and some nicer/new videos of the shaders in action for the beginning would be nice, too… Maybe someone could come up with some cool test class?

Cheers,

Normen

4 Likes

Looks nice @normen :slight_smile:

looks great! I really like the music this time around, fits the water scene majestically :slight_smile:

Like country music in the end! :smiley:

I really didn’t expect to see my game at the end, Thanks! :smiley: Great video.

Nice.

If you want a clip from me just ask what you’d like to have and I’ll try to do it asap.

Sure, all material is welcome. Please make it 1280x720 HD and best encode it with h.264 in high quality as there’ll probably be some conversion going on while editing/exporting. Google docs gives you lots of free space if you don’t know where to upload.

Anything you’re look for in particular? If not, I’ll try to do edit something later today.

As for the hosting, that’s not a problem. I’ll send you the link in a PM when it’s done.

madjack said:
Anything you're look for in particular? If not, I'll try to do edit something later today.

Something cool :D

I created a retail box mockup, but it still needs some improvement:

Oh and one last thing.

There are a couple of things I wanted to implement (shouldn’t be very long now that @ractoc showed how stupid I was with my nifty problem), showing multiple viewports.

So in short, what kind of ETA are we talking about?

I dont know, guess theres only the remaining nifty questions to be solved until alpha-4

really good job @normen

the music could end with the video, because I was surprised about the sudden ending.

P.S. you also could show some effects or particles, like the TestExplosionEffect.java

doe300 said:
the music could end with the video, because I was surprised about the sudden ending.

Yeah, the endings not done yet, I want to add more game shots and of course the obligatory "jMonkeyEngine3" text at the end ;)

I think you should add some info on the games in the end.

For example Mythruna looks way better now than it looked back then so you could add something like “2 week alpha” or something in the style.

Otherwise it looks very good!

Heheh… it actually looked better even then, just not on Macs. :slight_smile: Took me a while to get that all worked out.

Oh really?

Didn’t know you had to fix things in JME for the different platforms since it’s java based. (yeah i’m a noob)

And this was totally OT :slight_smile:

milkshakepanda said:
Oh really?
Didn't know you had to fix things in JME for the different platforms since it's java based. (yeah i'm a noob)
And this was totally OT :)

...but the shaders are not Java.
pspeed said:
...but the shaders are not Java.

Yeah, silly me! :)

Really Great video.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to try shortening some of the sections a bit. For instance, the terrain editing is cool, but you probably only need one or two shots. in short, just speeding everything up a bit might make it more interesting. other than that though, its a really well done video

Heh, so I guess its good now, I already shortened these shots a lot, some other people said they’d like to look at it a bit longer :wink: