Printing stack trace to a file

Hey there good forum people :slight_smile:

I was wondering if it is possible to print out jMonkey’s System.out.println() info to a file. I know that internally a lot of info is printed to the console during the running of a project and when errors are caught the stack trace is also printed. The reason I need this to be transferred to a file is that when people are testing my game, if something goes wrong I need to be able to see the error that caused it.

Creating the file isn’t an issue - I can easily do that - I just need to know how to get access to the info that jMonkey prints to the console.

Thanks in advance!

• Ollie

PS - If anyone is interested, you can download the early builds of my game here.

JME uses standard Java util logging for these messages. So just configure that (JUL) to write to a file. That’s not really a JME specific problem and google will be your friend.

1 Like

Ahh thanks pspeed. I guess I should have looked more on Google… Although I am so used to jMonkey having it’s own way of doing something :smiley:

@ollie said:
Ahh thanks pspeed. I guess I should have looked more on Google... Although I am so used to jMonkey having it's own way of doing something :D

If Java already has something then JME doesn't reinvent it.