Problem in using sdk 3.3.0 beta version

what is this and how can I solve it?

1-opening new project is so slow and gets about 10 seconds.
2- every thing like adding new jars to lib and exploring files and directories is slow too.

I used jmesdk 3.3.0 beta x64 and in window10.

That is caused by invalid module configuration, you can ignore it. It has been fixed in the master and will be ok in the next release.

For the slowness I can only suggest that you check the memory limitations. If the SDK needs to do GC all the time, it will be slow. The memory configuration was in /etc/ folder (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11262629/how-to-increase-heap-memory-of-netbeans-platforms-application-in-java/11262688).

1 Like

I cant find how to change heap max size…

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/sdk/increasing_heap_memory.html

I change it, but now IDE is not opening …

default_options="-Xmx=2048m -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=4096M"

32 bit java? Or 64 bit?

64ibt

I haven’t personally used the SDK in about 6 years or so… what were the default_options before you changed them?

nothing but some thing like default_options="–branding jmeplatform"

if it were me, I’d try not removing the existing branding option but only adding -Xmx1024m… not the direct memory setting.

Just one thing at a time… and in small increments.

2 Likes

if i change -Xmx IDE does not startup too…

To be clear:
default_options="-branding jmeplatform"
…starts.
default_options="-branding jmeplatform -Xmx1024m"
…does not start.

If so, this has extended beyond my ability to help. If it were me, I’d try starting it from the command line just in case it dumps some errors there… but historically, the SDK hides its errors away in a log file somewhere.

1 Like

Sorry, I tried now, the correct format is for example:
default_options="--branding jmonkeyplatform -J-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=2048m"

Notice the -J prefix. It indeed seems not to start if you set xmx without the xms (there is a rule here that xmx needs to be bigger or equal to xms, or it wont start). Probably the default memory settings are already high enough then… Hmm

Example with all set:
default_options="--branding jmonkeyplatform -J-Xms2048m -J-Xmx4096m -J-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=4096m"

1 Like

it works but speed of browsing files in file explorer to add new jar to lib not working.

Ok, so the memory was not the issue then probably :frowning:

Dunno what to say. The next SDK release is based on NB 11.3. The one you tried is based on 11.2. I’m now hoping it is just some regression between the versions…

I haven’t really noticed anything by myself. Could be that since daytime I use Visual Studio, everything else feels just so much faster and better so I don’t even know what is the norm nowadays :smiley:

1 Like