Problem is occurred in importing orge.xml by JME3

I succeeded in solving blender exporting as orge.xml type.

It is a simple problem…

But i have another problem.

I export my model which is designed by Blender 2.60 ver and import through JME.

if i import ‘mymodel’.mesh.xml then model is transformed.

But if i import ‘mymodel’.scene then model work alright.

I dont understand this problem.<br /> Also when i export basis mesh like that Cube or UV Circle... etc, and import 'mesh file'.<br /> Then, it just work alright.'<br /> Whats the problem??

what do you mean by “the model is transformed”?

could you post screen shots?

and maybe the problematic mesh.xml file

oh my god. I`m sorry. i forgot screen shots.

This image in Blender.

http://i.imgur.com/XMaGY.gif

and another is imported by JME through ‘mesh.xml file’

http://i.imgur.com/aZ64q.gif

Are you talking about the strange scaling ok? Try applying the transforms to the mesh in blender via ctrl+a and apply the transforms. Also, does the mesh have any modifier?

@glaucomardano said:
Are you talking about the strange scaling ok? Try applying the transforms to the mesh in blender via ctrl+a and apply the transforms. Also, does the mesh have any modifier?

Thank you for your advise. it`s solved!
Oh, i apply subdivision surface and mirror modifier.
I have another question!
i want to apply multi material to that ship.
In blender, i can apply this option by creating two material.
But when i export this mesh, one mesh can have only one material. So multi material doesn`t applied....
I can know one solution. Surface that i want to apply another material seperate from original mesh. than i have two mesh...
this is only solution??

No. You have to assign vertex groups to the respective materials. Then when you load it in jme, each vertex groups assigned with their material will be a geometry. Then your model will have several geometries in jme :).

@glaucomardano said:
No. You have to assign vertex groups to the respective materials. Then when you load it in jme, each vertex groups assigned with their material will be a geometry. Then your model will have several geometries in jme :).

I`m sorry. i can`t understand about "assign vertex groups to the respective materials".
Is this right what you mean? --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PiFYA5QUs0&feature=related
This is youtube link.

Maybe it works without vertex groups. Try just assigning the materials to the right faces.

No. I can`t find any solution except ‘add new material slot’

@glaucomardano said:
Try just assigning the materials to the right faces.

It means you have to create new material slots of course. To assign a material slot to a face just select the faces you want and click "assign" in Material Properties.
@glaucomardano said:
It means you have to create new material slots of course.

I know this method ^^.
I mentioned this method.

@jjwsd said:
i want to apply multi material to that ship. In blender, i can apply this option by creating two material.
But when i export this mesh, one mesh can have only one material. So multi material doesn`t applied....
I can know one solution. Surface that i want to apply another material seperate from original mesh. than i have two mesh...

But i don`t know how i apply this material, as i export my mesh(in blender) as orge.xml.
Then this process create one mesh.xml, two material, one scene.
http://i.imgur.com/AofKI.gif
<>

But In JME, Only one material file can be applied to mesh.xml in converting mesh.xml to .j3o
This is problem..

-.-. I’m not talking about meshes at all, I’m talking about geometries :P. You apply materials to geometries in jme. Then if you are assigning multi materials to mesh in blender, and when you export it to jme, and your mesh have just one geometry, then just assigning material doesn’t work. Then do what I said before, by creating vertex groups for your mesh, and assigning the materials to grouped verticies. For example, a cube, if you wanna assign one material per face, then for each face, create a vertex group, then assign the faces to their respective vertex groups. Then when you export the cube to jme, the cube will have 6 geometries (1 per face), and they will be assigned to their respective materials. Another poor approach is unjoining the faces, but so you’ll have several meshes.

@qlaucomardano

Thank for your help ^^

Im not good at Blender. so i cant understand what you mean.

And im not a native speaker. So my English skill is not good. Dont misunderstand my reply.

Anyway Thank you, ^^

Ok. I was just trying to explain you what is “Vertex Groups” in blender, and how they work. About the language, my native language is Portuguese. I can’t understand everything people tell here too ;).

Oh really?

I feel sense of kinship ^^

Yeah. You’re welcome ;). I’m here for this.

1 Like