Problem rendering models imported from blender

hi im tring to import my models maded in blender. im importing my models as in this video:

but, when i import my model it look like very bad here is some screenshots:

my model in blender:

here is an screenshot form the composer editor:

here look like very bad.

and finally an screen shot from my game:

here look like very very bad.

i hope somebody help me. thankyou for your answers.

I tried to look at your images but all of these ads popped up with audio that I could not easily silence so I closed them right away. If you just use imgur.com like the rest of the internet then in the future you won’t have this problem.

Read the blender import page in the wiki, you probably construct your model wrong.

ok, i followed the indications from here:
https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:external:blender

then, i exported the model with ogre exporter, i created a j3o file from the xml, and finally i liked my model to my terrain composer.

and now i have a better result, here is an screenshot:

but this no have normal maps and is too dark.

What is the problem?

Have you tried generating tangents/binormals?

thank you for your answers, how can i generate tangents/binomials?is it in jmonkey or blender?.

i know it is posible in code, but how can i get my model linked in the Scene composer?

i did it:

Spatial spatialTambor= assetManager.loadModel(“Models/tambor3/Cylinder.mesh.j3o”);
spatialTambor.setLocalTranslation(5f,5f,5f);
TangentBinormalGenerator.generate(spatialTambor);
nodoTerrenos.attachChild(spatialTambor);

but the result is the same. without normalmaps.

You can right-click geomentry in the Scene Composer and generate tangents, check the second “Use Case Tutorial” video.

i have a little problem, i cant generate tangents, i cant select geometries from my j3o
files.

here is an screenshot:

sorry im verry newbie, i generated tangents to my o3j file, but the result is the same.

would that I’m doing wrong?.

ok, i generate tangents to .j3o files from xmls, but the result is the same.
Then i imported a .j3o from a .blend using the importer of the sdk and i generate tagents for this. now normalmaps are working, but my texture is pixeled, here is an screenshot:

Seems like filtering was turned off on the texture somehow or something.

thank you for your answer, how can in turn on the flitering on my textures?

@eypidemik said: thank you for your answer, how can in turn on the flitering on my textures?

I don’t know how they got turned off. Some filtering is on be default.

i solved my problem, here is the solution:

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/blender-ogre-export-no-bump-map-within-jme3-scene/

Marked the topic as resolved for you.

I also had a problem importing models from blender by converting .scene file to .j3o . Sometimes I had no textures, sometimes it does. The exporting tool or the JME .j3o converting is unreilaible and the results are rather a surprise than a stable outcome. If the export/import system has to be reliable it has to be reviewed and fixed. Currently in most cases it makes user lose a lot of time and patience.

@luke1985 said: I also had a problem importing models from blender by converting .scene file to .j3o . Sometimes I had no textures, sometimes it does. The exporting tool or the JME .j3o converting is unreilaible and the results are rather a surprise than a stable outcome. If the export/import system has to be reliable it has to be reviewed and fixed. Currently in most cases it makes user lose a lot of time and patience.

If you have differing results you also give different input. Please read the documentation on how to create a proper game compatible model.

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:external:blender
https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:intermediate:multi-media_asset_pipeline#create_textures_and_materials

Also check out this video:

If you know what you do theres few unexpected things happening. Obviously you can’t just expect anything that looks okay in Blender to work for live rendering in OpenGL.

My problem was with the texturing - it was a really simple task. The problem happened when I’ve duplicated the mesh and applied the same material on it

The exported model didn’t included the textures - they were not visible. When I’ve created a new file, recreated the mesh and reapplied the textures it was ok.

Maybe it has to do with duplication and materials reuse - I don’t know.