Problem runing physics test

Hello, I have followed the" Setting up NetBeans 5.0 to build jME and jME-Physics 2" tutorial, all is good with jME but when I try to run the jMEPhysics tests I get a "classDefNotFound".

Someone with the same error?, Thanks.

(Sorry for my english, Im spanish)

maybe someone who uses netbeans can help you. and give a bit more detail about that exception (like pasting it in your post) :wink:

To solve this You need to know which classDef is not found, locate this in on of the numerous .jar's that come with jmephysics and jme and

then add that .jar to Your classpath.

And … like sfera says, a more precise description (cut 'n paste the error message at least) would be really helpful.

edit: ah yes, and in NetBeans You really should define jme as a library via Tools->LibraryManager and then add this library to all projects that use jme as a lib

Hello, I am having the same problem or almost the same, anyway none of physics test is working.

Here is output from building jme-physics in NetBeans:

C:Userseowlcvsjmejmephysicstest-interactivecomjmetestphysicsTestChooser.java:40: package jmetest does not exist
public class TestChooser extends jmetest.TestChooser {
C:Userseowlcvsjmejmephysicstest-interactivecomjmetestphysicsTestMarble.java:52: package jmetest does not exist
import jmetest.TestChooser;
C:Userseowlcvsjmejmephysicstest-interactivecomjmetestphysicsTestChooser.java:47: cannot find symbol
symbol

I solved the problem, something was wrong with my jME-compile and jME-run libraries. I just remade them.  8)

i was about to suggest a rebuild, but i don't use netbeans so i decided to keep quiet.

i'm glad to hear you worked it out.

I am having the same problem. Whenever I try to build the Physics test I get the following errors.

init:
deps-jar:
Created dir: G:My DocumentsSchoolJava ProjectsjME-Physics_2buildclasses
Compiling 118 source files to G:My DocumentsSchoolJava ProjectsjME-Physics_2buildclasses
G:My DocumentsSchoolJava Projectsjmonkeyjmephysicstest-interactivecomjmetestphysicsTestChooser.java:40: package jmetest does not exist
public class TestChooser extends jmetest.TestChooser {
G:My DocumentsSchoolJava Projectsjmonkeyjmephysicstest-interactivecomjmetestphysicsTestMarble.java:53: package jmetest does not exist
import jmetest.TestChooser;
G:My DocumentsSchoolJava Projectsjmonkeyjmephysicstest-interactivecomjmetestphysicsTestChooser.java:47: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method start(java.lang.String[])
        new TestChooser().start( args );
G:My DocumentsSchoolJava Projectsjmonkeyjmephysicstest-interactivecomjmetestphysicsTestChooser.java:52: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method find(java.lang.String,boolean,java.util.Vector<java.lang.Class>)
        find( "com.jmetest.physics", true, classes );
G:My DocumentsSchoolJava Projectsjmonkeyjmephysicstest-interactivecomjmetestphysicsTestChooser.java:50: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
    @Override
G:My DocumentsSchoolJava Projectsjmonkeyjmephysicstest-interactivecomjmetestphysicsTestDomino.java:47: package jmetest does not exist
        wallTextureState.setTexture( TextureManager.loadTexture( jmetest.TestChooser.class.getResource( "data/texture/wall.jpg" ),
G:My DocumentsSchoolJava Projectsjmonkeyjmephysicstest-interactivecomjmetestphysicsTestParcours.java:70: package jmetest does not exist
    private static final URL RESOURCE_BACKGROUND = jmetest.TestChooser.class.getResource( "data/texture/clouds.png" );
7 errors
BUILD FAILED (total time: 4 seconds)

update - I have erased everything and started from scratch. Now I can compile th physics library with no problem, but when I try to run the test-chooser I get the following error:

init:
deps-jar:
compile:
run:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DocumentsSchoolCVSjmelib

I solved my problem - it was in the following line:

6. In the category >Run< (at the left)
            set VM OPTIONS:
            under Linux: -Djava.library.path=