Problem running "JME 3 Tutorial (6) - Hello Materials"

Hello,

I just finished all tutorials, except “JME 3 Tutorial (6) - Hello Materials” , i receive the folowing errors when trying to run the code:

[java]

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

com.jme3.asset.AssetNotFoundException: Textures/Terrain/Pond/Pond.png (Flipped) (Mipmaped)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:239)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadTexture(DesktopAssetManager.java:293)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadTexture(DesktopAssetManager.java:312)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadTexture(DesktopAssetManager.java:324)

at jme3test.helloworld.HelloMaterial.simpleInitApp(HelloMaterial.java:64)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:230)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:129)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

[/java]

I guess it’s beceause i do not have the files in my asset directory, but it’s not mentioned in the tutorial where to get the files. Or at least i don’t see it, i must be blind.

Can anyone help me with this one?

ps. all the other tuts are running fine.

You might find similar issues in the particles and audio tutorials if you haven’t gotten to them yet. Just power through it - it’s a good lesson in troubleshooting. And be aware that the SDK help files should reflect what works for that version of the SDK, even if the tutorial code and online API doesn’t yet.

Try Pond.jpg The library had a different extension when I did those tuts 2 days ago.

You have to add the “test-project-libraries” to the classpath.

yeh i remember someone saying something about this a few days ago. I think the extension changed on nightly maybe, not sure.

Thankyou for the quick answer,

Indeed changing

[java]mat_lit.setTexture("DiffuseMap", assetManager.loadTexture("Textures/Terrain/Pond/Pond.png"))[/java]

into

[java]mat_lit.setTexture("DiffuseMap", assetManager.loadTexture("Textures/Terrain/Pond/Pond.jpg"))[/java]

did solve the problem

all tutorials should work, if you have updated to the nightly version. In jmp go to tools > plugins > settings > update to nightly