Problem running JME on linux(kubuntu)

When trying to run JME example TestBoxColor with run_jME.sh, i get this error.

SEVERE: Exception in game loop                                                             

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid enum (1280)                                     

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:54)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.swapBuffers(Display.java:617)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.update(Display.java:637)

at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLRenderer.displayBackBuffer(LWJGLRenderer.java:517)

at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(BaseGame.java:90)

at jmetest.renderer.TestBoxColor.main(TestBoxColor.java:66)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at jmetest.TestChooser.start(TestChooser.java:465)

at jmetest.TestChooser.main(TestChooser.java:444)

05-05-2009 12:25:59 com.jme.app.BaseSimpleGame cleanup

Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

such problems are often caused by old grafic card drivers, did you try updating ?

I have tried googling for stuff and found some packages i have installed, but nothing changed.

I have tried downloading the newest lwjgl, and same problem.

It might be worth mentioning that i don't know much about Linux, so it is most likely that i missed something. So if anyone have had this problem and solved it by doing something or is a Jedi master with extensive Linux skills, please let me know.

Thx.

Rasp said:

... or is a Jedi master with extensive Linux skills, please let me know.

Darn, sorry ... I don't have Linux skills  :|

JME is running perfectly on my old PC (2.8GHzP4 Extreme Hyper-Threading, Geforce 5200FX, Kubuntu), is actually seems to be running more  smooth there than it is in my new laptop(2.53GHz dual core 2, Geforce 9600GT, WindowsXP).

What i did was that i already had JME checked out from to eclipse workspace on my laptop, then i simply copy pasted the workspace to my kubuntu pc and there I had to change the some native libs in my project setup so it would use the ones for linux (it didnt find opengl before).

0.I dont know about this-one, but it do you have the JME for linux downloaded? It seems to me that you have downloaded the jar packs and trying to run the tests and I dont know if it is supposed to find ur OS automatically and then use the right libs. Windows has dll's linux has .so's i think. Make sure you have .so files in lib directory

1.Make sure you have your videocard drivers installed. I had a lot of problem with kubuntu and videocard drivers when I first tried kubuntu.

Which version you are using? 8.04, 8.10, 9.04 or something else? Ask ppl at www.kubuntuforums.com for help about kubuntu. Nice community there.

1.5. What videocard u have?

2.To check if opengl is working install a program for linux called opengl gears or try to run euphoria screensaver for example and if its running smooth you should have hardware acceleration.

3. You still have to check out  the source code if u want to make your own programs.

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_eclipse_to_build_jme_2

Well I have now given up getting jme to run on my ThinkPad X200, so have started developing on my windows xp machine and it

Rasp said:

Well I have now given up getting jme to run on my ThinkPad X200, so have started developing on my windows xp machine and it

Last night my Kubuntu popped up and told me to upgrade to the newest version, which I did think it was 9.04.

Anyway know I can run jme on my Thinkpad X200. I haven