Problem with latest stable updates

Hello,

I installed the latest stable updates, created a default BasicGame project and I have the following problem when running mygame.Main:

GRAVE: No JmeSystemDelegate specified, cannot instantiate default JmeDesktopSystem:

{0}

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jme3.system.JmeDesktopSystem

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)

at com.jme3.system.JmeSystem.checkDelegate(JmeSystem.java:125)

at com.jme3.system.JmeSystem.showSettingsDialog(JmeSystem.java:96)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.start(SimpleApplication.java:129)

at mygame.Main.main(Main.java:19)

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jme3.system.JmeSystem.showSettingsDialog(JmeSystem.java:97)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.start(SimpleApplication.java:129)

at mygame.Main.main(Main.java:19)

I didn’t have this problem before the update. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Did you modify the libraries? Then this might happen, else just add the preset libraries to your project. Is this happening with a new basic game project too? You should never change the libraries that come with the SDK (jme3, jme3-libraries-physics etc.) else they will not be updated.

Hi normen,

this is happening with a new basic game. I create it and (without modifying anything in the new generated project) when I build and run it I get the previous error message.

I also get during the build process the following messages:

[java]Not copying library %USERHOME%AppDataRoaming.jmonkeyplatform3.0betalibsnoise-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar , it can’t be read.

Not copying library C:JmonkeyProjectsBasicGameassets , it’s a directory.

[/java]

Is my problem related to the one described here?:

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/general-2/forum/topic/latest-jme3-sdk-update-trashed-13-of-my-installations/

Thanks

I get this one every now and then…

[java]Not copying library C:JmonkeyProjectsBasicGameassets , it’s a directory.[/java]

It’s random as when it does and doesn’t happen.

You did modify your libraries then. And t0neg0d, thats definitely not random but should only be he case for projects where you added the assets folder manually.

I can’t think of an instance where I have done this. And I have been working on the same client project on and off for about a year now… I have seen this pop up 2-3 time over the past two or three weeks. But it definitely isn’t every time I build the project.

Over a year, hm? Might be you have an old build file then, is there targets in your build.xml or do you have a nbproject/assets-impl.xml in your project?

I had the same problem. The solution for me was removing jME3-core.jar from jme3 library in project properties and adding jMonkeyEngine3.jar. Hope that helps.

@lucaseasedup said:
I had the same problem. The solution for me was removing jME3-core.jar from jme3 library in project properties and adding jMonkeyEngine3.jar. Hope that helps.

Thats wrong, somethings messed up with your install, as said, you should never change the preset libraries, else they will not be updated, also you do not need jMonkeyEngine3.jar anymore. It is jME3-core.jar.
@normen said:
Thats wrong, somethings messed up with your install, as said, you should never change the preset libraries, else they will not be updated, also you do not need jMonkeyEngine3.jar anymore. It is jME3-core.jar.

So, why does the error appear? I installed jME (before that: JDK7 and Netbeans, because I had a fresh winxp install, yesterday), updated it, compiled BasicGame project and got this error. I did NOT modify ANY library (or anything else) before compilation and run. It seems to be so complicated... :(

I cannot reproduce this with a fresh install on windows. If you have a jMonkeyEngine3.jar that contains anything but test classes then its defintely an old file.