Problem with Lepord and lidodejava.jnilib

When I try to run any jME Physic program it works fine until it tries to load libodejava.jnilib then I get a error from my OS, Mac OS X 10.5.3, saying

The problem may have been caused by the libodejava.jnilib plug-in.
I do have libodejava.jnilib in the build path.

Thanks in Advance,

Cyber Knight

hmm, I have OSX 10.4.11 so can't help too much.  Perhaps Ender will pop in, I think he may have OSX 10.5

Unfortunately I still have Tiger.

If it is a runtime problem, the presence of libodejava.jnilib in the Build Path is not necessary, though.

You only have to specify the directory or directories where Java should search for native libraries. In Eclipse there are 3 ways: 1) in the “Java Build Path” page, set the “Native library location” property for each single JAR file that needs native libraries (for example, lwjgl.jar); 2) in the “Java Build Path” page, set the “Native library location” property for each “library” (=user custom groups of JARs), if you created any; 3) in the “Run” dialog, “Arguments” page, add -Djava.library.path= (with the correct path) to the “VM arguments” text field (this is a per executable configuration).

I've been going through the many JMEPhysics sites looking for the proper distribution; now ended up in google code repository, since I'm on JME2.

My configuration is:

• Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.3
  • JME2 from google code
  • JMEPhysics2 for JME2 from google code
  • Java 1.6

And I now get the following error:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/bin/java -Djava.library.path=/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/lwjgl-2.0rc1/native/macosx/:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jmephysics-read-only/impl/ode/lib/ -Dfile.encoding=MacRoman -classpath /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/deploy.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/dt.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/javaws.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/jce.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/management-agent.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/plugin.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/sa-jdi.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/../Classes/charsets.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/../Classes/classes.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/../Classes/dt.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/../Classes/jce.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/../Classes/jconsole.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/../Classes/jsse.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/../Classes/laf.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/../Classes/management-agent.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/../Classes/ui.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/ext/apple_provider.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/ext/dnsns.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/ext/localedata.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/ext/sunjce_provider.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/lib/ext/sunpkcs11.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/infinity/infinity/trunk/build/production/infinity:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-audio.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-model.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-xml.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-gamestates.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-scene.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-collada.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-terrain.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-font.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-editors.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-awt.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jme2/target/jme-effects.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/infinity/infinity/trunk/lib/xerces/xercesImpl.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/lwjgl-2.0rc1/jar/jinput.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/lwjgl-2.0rc1/jar/lwjgl_test.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/lwjgl-2.0rc1/jar/lwjgl_util_applet.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/lwjgl-2.0rc1/jar/lwjgl_util.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/lwjgl-2.0rc1/jar/lwjgl.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/libraries/jmephysics-read-only/impl/ode/lib/odejava-jni.jar:/Users/agentili/Projects/infinity/infinity/trunk/data com.jmetest.physics.TestVehicle
Jun 24, 2008 11:18:26 AM class com.jmetest.physics.TestVehicle start()
SEVERE: Exception in game loop
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No physics implementation was registered nor found!
   at com.jmex.physics.PhysicsSpace.create(PhysicsSpace.java:347)
   at com.jmex.physics.util.SimplePhysicsGame.initSystem(SimplePhysicsGame.java:91)
   at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(Unknown Source)
   at com.jmetest.physics.TestVehicle.main(TestVehicle.java:116)

Process finished with exit code 0

Does this mean that the current jnilib does not "support" leopard? If you think so, I'd be glad to help in re-compiling to have a Leopard-working lib.

I am sorry, I am back afte a long period. I have been really busy.

There are too many things in your CLASSPATH. It is not necessary to write Java 6 Framework JARs in the CLASSPATH.

Though, if the problem is the JNI native library, try to recompile it from source.