Problem with solid color in google sketchup

Hello, thanks again for your quick answer. I have been looking for by internet, and i have realized that maya is a 3d tool but it is not free. Am i right?

And another question. Wich one is easier to use Blender o Maya?

antu said:

Hello, thanks again for your quick answer. I have been looking for by internet, and i have realized that maya is a 3d tool but it is not free. Am i right?
Yup, and it's far from cheap too.

That's subjective, but I can't say Blender 2.49 has bee praised for its user friendliness, while Maya I'd say has a pretty good reputation for its UI. I've also used both myself, and I must say Maya strikes me as a little simpler, though I've never used either in-depth. Bottom line is though, Blender is completely free and just as powerful as Maya for game art. You could always check out the latest 2.53 BETA which features a re-worked UI among many other things.

p.s. I haven't been keeping a close eye on this conversation so I hope the Blender recommendation is relevant.
erlend_sh said:

antu said:

Yup, and it's far from cheap too.

That's subjective, but I can't say Blender 2.49 has bee praised for its user friendliness, while Maya I'd say has a pretty good reputation for its UI. I've also used both myself, and I must say Maya strikes me as a little simpler, though I've never used either in-depth. Bottom line is though, Blender is completely free and just as powerful as Maya for game art. You could always check out the latest 2.53 BETA which features a re-worked UI among many other things.

p.s. I haven't been keeping a close eye on this conversation so I hope the Blender recommendation is relevant.

Ok thank you, i think i will use blender.

Ah ok, I'd gotten the sense that you already had access to Maya from what you asked about it being the best tool to use :slight_smile:

In this case, Erlend's recommendation of Blender should be sound, assuming you can get the COLLADA model in without too much trouble.  Blender's implementation of collada isn't the strongest, but should suffice for something like this…

erlend_sh said:

I would recommend you pain through 2.49, as the 2.5x line is a rework of UI which is still missing functionality... I don't know the status of asset conversion in the bleeding edge, but their timeline has generally indicated that 2.6 will once again be feature complete and have the new UI.