Problem with UseAlpha material setting

Ill give it a try

1 Like
@javagame said: In the material editor for the a for lighting.j3md material there is a boolean on the left called useMaterialColors that will blend your diffuse map with the diffuse colour, according to the editor you should not need to make your image transparent though, this will blend the entire diffusemap with that colour, and it should work fine in code, just set that boolean to true and set a diffuse, and then see what happens!

But this is not what he wants. He wants to blend SOME of the texture based on the texture’s alpha. ie: he wants the eyes to be white and not tinted green. So he wants the Diffuse color to show through only where there is transparency and I guess otherwise not have any actual transparency.

Lighting.j3md doesn’t do this and neither does Unshaded.j3md anymore.

The shader blow libraries “might” do it.

@pspeed

I know, I told him. ‘This will blend the entire diffusemap with that colour’ I said. Hopefully he knows, because it seems like this was what he was trying to do with his unlit material before, and maybe he can work with it.
Not sure how you would get the eyes to stay white though, maybe you would just have to use another texture atlas for parts that stay the same colour. Not as efficient I know, but oh well. Also, I had a breif look through the shader blow shaders and I couldn’t see anything like this.

@javagame said: @pspeed

I know, I told him. ‘This will blend the entire diffusemap with that colour’ I said. Hopefully he knows, because it seems like this was what he was trying to do with his unlit material before, and maybe he can work with it.
Not sure how you would get the eyes to stay white though, maybe you would just have to use another texture atlas for parts that stay the same colour. Not as efficient I know, but oh well. Also, I had a breif look through the shader blow shaders and I couldn’t see anything like this.

But the whole point of this thread was that the behavior he is getting (which is the behavior you described) is exactly what he does not want. He wants the old behavior from a year and a half ago.

@pspeed he wants it but he aint gonna get it