Problems configuring Eclipse with jme

Hello, i have used this guide to configure eclipse: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php/downloading_and_installing_jme_2_from_googlecode

But i have a problem at step number 18, the native folder is not on the zip file that i have downloaded, and i also think i have to include the lwjgl.jar, into the library and that is not mention there.

The consequence of all, is that i can not compile my project, am i right or wrong?. Could anyone help me please? Thank you.

If you downloaded 'jME2_0_1-StableDistribution', then you can find lwjgl at: jME2_0_1-StableDistribution/lib/lwjgl

and the natives can be found at jME2_0_1-StableDistribution/lib/lwjgl/native/your_operating_system

It's also highly suggested to check out the source as that provides a lot of useful help via the jmetest packages.

Have a look at the in-progress wiki frontpage, which will walk you through setting up jME with your IDE as well as getting started using the engine: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php/new_frontpage

Thanks for your answer, but the guide says that the jme.jar have to be linked with a folder named natives, but don't that this folder were in the lwjgl folder. And it also does not mention that i had to include the lwjgl.jar library but i have done it, is this right?. Thank you.

jme.jar doesn't need to be linked to any folder, that needs to happen for lwjgl.jar (using the native/operating_system folder in the lwjgl folder)

So yes, you definitely want lwjgl on the classpath :wink:

Well if i'm not wrong, all should compile fine, but it won't, i obtain this error:

30-dic-2009 3:18:33 com.jme.input.joystick.DummyJoystickInput <init>

INFO: Joystick support is disabled

30-dic-2009 3:18:33 com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem <init>

INFO: LWJGL Display System created.

30-dic-2009 3:18:34 com.jmex.game.DefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler uncaughtException

GRAVE: Main game loop broken by uncaught exception

com.jme.system.JmeException: Bad display mode (w/h/bpp/freq): 1024 / 600 / 16 / 60

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem.selectMode(LWJGLDisplaySystem.java:500)

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem.initDisplay(LWJGLDisplaySystem.java:411)

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem.createWindow(LWJGLDisplaySystem.java:143)

at com.jmex.game.StandardGame.initSystem(StandardGame.java:296)

at com.jmex.game.StandardGame.run(StandardGame.java:210)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I see the bad display mode, but a months ago this worked fine, but not now, which could be the problem?

how do you set the properties? Might it be that you worked on a netbook and now

changed the computer? Are you using simplegmae?Search for the properties.cfg file in your project and delete

it,

I set the properties like that:

private static StandardGame game;

public static void main(String[] args) {

Compas.game = new StandardGame("Game");

—>Compas.game.getSettings().setWidth(1024);

—>Compas.game.getSettings().setHeight(600);

—>Compas.game.getSettings().setFullscreen(true);

Compas.game.start();

Compas.game.getDisplay().setTitle("Compas // D'Arte Games");

// Set up game states

GameStateManager.getInstance().attachChild(new MenuState());

GameStateManager.getInstance().activateChildNamed("MenuState");

}

Try to use more common display-resolutions and especially no fullscreen. I always had the same problem if I  tried to use fullscreen like you did.

Hello again, i removed the lines marked whit "—>", it did not work, i obtained the same error:

30-dic-2009 16:10:15 com.jmex.game.DefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler uncaughtException

com.jme.system.JmeException: Bad display mode (w/h/bpp/freq): 1024 / 768 / 16 / 60

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem.selectMode(LWJGLDisplaySystem.java:500)

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem.initDisplay(LWJGLDisplaySystem.java:411)

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem.createWindow(LWJGLDisplaySystem.java:143)

Quote:
Hello again, i removed the lines marked whit "--->", it did not work, i obtained the same error:

30-dic-2009 16:10:15 com.jmex.game.DefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler uncaughtException
com.jme.system.JmeException: Bad display mode (w/h/bpp/freq): 1024 / 768 / 16 / 60

[/quote

the problem is at game.start() instruction, if i remove the game runs ok but do nothing, what can be bad? I have all the jars included, and the lwjgl.jar, lwjgl-util.jar and lwjgl-applet.jar and i link the first with his natives. I don't know how to fix this, i getting crazy. 

What is about the jmetest-classes? Do they work? Did you try to use SimpleGame insted of StandardGame?

Do you have the latest graphiccard-driver installed? Try this:

Compas.game.getSettings().setWidth(800);
      Compas.game.getSettings().setHeight(600);
      Compas.game.getSettings().setFullscreen(false);

The lines for LWJGLDisplaySystem in your stacktrace don't match with my version, but perhaps the LWJGL in the repository source is another than in the stable distribution?

Did you try setting up jme from svn?

ttrocha said:

What is about the jmetest-classes? Do they work? Did you try to use SimpleGame insted of StandardGame?
Do you have the latest graphiccard-driver installed? Try this:

Compas.game.getSettings().setWidth(800);
      Compas.game.getSettings().setHeight(600);
      Compas.game.getSettings().setFullscreen(false);

No, i did not try the simplegame i will try and i will tell what happens.
the jmetest works fine.