Problems with NodeHandler

Hi, I'm trying to get a first person shooter type game working and right now I'm trying to get my CameraNode and NodeHandler working. I get no movement of the camera or the gun I've got attached to the CameraNode. I can get it working perfectly in a test SimpleGame but when I try to put the same code in my game that extends base game it won't work.  :frowning: Here's the code I'm using for the SimpleGame:

camNode = new CameraNode( "Camera Node", cam );
      camNode.setLocalRotation(new Matrix3f(-1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,-1));
      camNode.setLocalTranslation(0,0,50);
        input = new NodeHandler( camNode, 10, 1 );

Any ideas why this should work in SimpleGame and not BaseGame (for me at least  :P)? Thanks

SimpleGame updates the input and such.  You're probably just missing a call like that.

I don't think that's the problem because I'm updating the input and I can get FirstPersonHandler to work as well as any other type of mouse input to work… as well as the hardware cursor I'm using.  :? I'd post code but I'm in class at the moment. Any other ideas?

Honestly, if it works in SimpleGame but not BaseGame, you are just missing something that is done by SimpleGame.  I can't really guess at your issue further because "it won't work" doesn't give much to go on.  :wink:

Thanks renanse, I knew you were right but I just couldn't see what I forgot until a few minutes ago. Somehow… I forgot to update the geometric state of the root. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for the help.  :slight_smile: