Project assetManager doesn't exist!?

ahem I had 1 problem :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree that it could explain the problem, but in this case, it’s very unlikely. But of course, I’ve been proven wrong before. One way or the other, I want that fixed by any mean necessary (short of going Mac). So prove me wrong please. :wink: lol

I think it’s a bug of the recent jmp updates, because i updated the jmp now in my notebook ( win vista ) and i got the same problem.

Guys, did you do what I was saying? Wheres the error output?? Cant help you without info.

Ok, then see it :

There are no errors.

madjack said:
Doesn't work either here.
When I open the project's properties, click on Build->Assets, I get:

"Cannot delete file assets.properties in C:blablahnbproject."

Delete? lol

Here's a paste of the Output:
Running on jMonkey Engine 3 Alpha 0.6
Extraction Directory #1: file:/C:/Program%20Files/jmonkeyplatform/jmonkeyplatform/modules/ext/
Extraction Directory #2: C:UsersDany.jmonkeyplatform
Extraction Directory #3: C:Program Filesjmonkeyplatform
EDT: Creating OGL thread.
Using LWJGL 2.5
Display created.
Adapter: nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx
Driver Version: 8.17.12.6099
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Version: 4.1.0
Renderer: GeForce GTX 480/PCI/SSE2
GLSL Ver: 4.10 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Timer resolution: 1000 ticks per second
Caps: [FrameBuffer, FrameBufferMRT, FrameBufferMultisample, OpenGL20, OpenGL21, OpenGL30, ARBprogram, GLSL100, GLSL110, GLSL120, GLSL130, GLSL140, GLSL150, VertexTextureFetch, TextureArray, TextureBuffer, FloatTexture, FloatColorBuffer, FloatDepthBuffer, PackedFloatTexture, SharedExponentTexture, PackedFloatColorBuffer, TextureCompressionLATC, MeshInstancing, VertexBufferArray]
DesktopAssetManager created.
Camera created (W: 640, H: 480)
Mouse created.
Keyboard created.
Audio effect extension version: 1.0
Audio max auxilary sends: 2
Camera created (W: 120, H: 120)
Child (BitmapFont) attached to this node (Gui Node)
Child (BitmapFont) attached to this node (Statistics View)
Child (Statistics View) attached to this node (Gui Node)
Uniform m_VertexColor is not declared in shader.

So theres the permission issue, just as I said. Its supposed to delete the assets.properties file and create assets-impl.xml instead, copying the info from assets.properties to project.properties. Its a recent change in the build process and it apparently revealed a problem on windows with file permissions.

So since I have no windows machine I depend on your help now to get this fixed. As far as I remember on your machines jMP gets installed in the Programs(i386) or whatever its called because the installer exe is 32bit. jMP should run on the 64bit JVM, but due to the installer windows apparently recognizes it as 32bit… Is there some specialty in windows about these programs? Maybe they dont have the same permissions? Also, the default jMP projects folder, is it in the “normal” use home directory or in some other folder?

I think the permissions of the windows 32 bits and 64 bits are the sames. And my jmp projects folder are in the user home directory by default.

jMP gets installed in the x64 bit “Program Files”, not the “Program Files (x86)”. At least it is on my machine.

As I said, if it’s a permission problem, why isn’t it doing it with the other plugins? That strikes me as damn odd. The permissions are the same, there are no differences. And again, jMP used to be in D:Utils, which has NO program permissions at all except the basic things. Nothing out of the ordinary.

As for the project folder, it’s at its proper place. No doubt on that one.

Another question, why does that file need to be deleted? Can’t it be edited out instead? Just empty the file and leave it at that?

What “other plugins” are you talking about? When you install a plugin its installed in the global settings folder which is apparently writeable for jMP (“app data”/roaming/.jmonkeyplatform or something). With the latest changes in projects, the application tries to change files in the “user home”/jMonkeyProjects folder. Your last suggestion makes me understand why your system does strange things :stuck_out_tongue: You also comment out lines of code when they dont compile I guess? :wink:

Plugins was a bad choice of word. I mean all updates that are done, why aren’t they failing if it’s a permission problem? I might comment out some lines that are errors when they’re not relevant yes. :wink: lol

There a test I’ll do in about an hour. The hockey game is about to restart. I’ll keep you posted

As said they’re going to a different folder… Btw, what happens when you create a new project? It wont try to delete the assets.properties because its not there but it will try to create the assets-impl.xml. If that also fails its definitely a permission problem and not just for some files.

I want this fixed, please do more testing…!! (hrhrhr, now its my turn bumping and demanding) I updated jMP to output more messages when creating extensions.

As you can see in the picture I posted in page one, assets-xml is non-existent. But, as the picture also shows, there’s a file named: profiler-build-impl.xml that was created while I waited for an answer to this thread. I ran the profiler, got results, saved the report (it’s in the private directory) so I could check a comparison later on… So, why didn’t profiler crap out? That’s what I’m wondering about. Some things work, others don’t. And, as you, I want this fixed. :slight_smile:

I’ll do some tests and update in a bit. I’ll post results ASAP.

Updated jMP and got some output… Here it is:

Running on jMonkey Engine 3 Alpha 0.6
Extraction Directory #1: file:/C:/Users/Dany/AppData/Roaming/.jmonkeyplatform/dev/modules/ext/
Extraction Directory #2: C:UsersDany.jmonkeyplatform
Extraction Directory #3: C:Program Filesjmonkeyplatform
Project is using old assets.properties file
Valid jMP project, extending with ProjectAssetManager
Add locator:C:/Users/Dany/jMonkeyProjects/SCassets
EDT: Creating OGL thread.
Using LWJGL 2.5
Display created.
Adapter: nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx
Driver Version: 8.17.12.6099
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Version: 4.1.0
Renderer: GeForce GTX 480/PCI/SSE2
GLSL Ver: 4.10 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Timer resolution: 1000 ticks per second
Caps: [FrameBuffer, FrameBufferMRT, FrameBufferMultisample, OpenGL20, OpenGL21, OpenGL30, ARBprogram, GLSL100, GLSL110, GLSL120, GLSL130, GLSL140, GLSL150, VertexTextureFetch, TextureArray, TextureBuffer, FloatTexture, FloatColorBuffer, FloatDepthBuffer, PackedFloatTexture, SharedExponentTexture, PackedFloatColorBuffer, TextureCompressionLATC, MeshInstancing, VertexBufferArray]
Mouse created.
Keyboard created.
Audio effect extension version: 1.0
Audio max auxilary sends: 2
Camera created (W: 120, H: 120)
Child (BitmapFont) attached to this node (Gui Node)
Child (Statistics View) attached to this node (Gui Node)
Uniform m_VertexColor is not declared in shader.
Checking extension..
No assets-impl.xml found
Creating assets-impl.xml

Now, the file WAS written. assets-impl.xml IS indeed present in the directory. Also, I don't get the error message about being unable to delete the old file and, most importantly, I *can* see my "Project Assets". Yay! :D

I guess you fixed it! :)

So, what was the problem?

DOH!

Forgot to add something.

After running jMP for the first time after the update, it didn’t work. The old file (assets.properties) was still there and I still got the error message (can’t delete it). So, I quit jMP, I deleted both files manually (.properties and .xml) and restarted. At that point it worked.

So, assets.properties might have been the problem, somehow?

I committed a fix for the problem, it had to do with windows using backslashes instead of slashes but in a kind of complicated way :slight_smile: The error about assets.properties was due to the fact that because the update of the project didn’t happen when it was opened it was trying to modify the config files while the preferences panel was open, which is not allowed (all config files are locked while the window is open).

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. You’ve earned a thumb up anyway! :smiley:

BTW, just tried to import the model but got an error msg that said:

(In console)

Component hidden

But also got an exception window saying:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 1

at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:686)

at java.util.regex.Matcher.appendReplacement(Matcher.java:703)

at java.util.regex.Matcher.replaceAll(Matcher.java:813)

at java.lang.String.replaceAll(String.java:2189)

at com.jme3.gde.modelimporter.ImportModel.copyModel(ImportModel.java:91)

at com.jme3.gde.modelimporter.ImportModel.access$000(ImportModel.java:37)

at com.jme3.gde.modelimporter.ImportModel$1.run(ImportModel.java:68)

[catch] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

As far as I know there’s no hidden part in that model, but I’ll do some checks. I’m not the one who did that model (I’m really crap at 3D).

The component hidden can be ignored, its a leftover from development. The other error is strange, line 91 of ImportModel.java is

[java]AssetKey assetKey = it.next();[/java] … Dont know how this error should come from that? Its actually just copying the model data there, afterwards its trying to import the model… Do you see the model correctly after you select it? The error happens when you press “finish”, right?

normen said:
The component hidden can be ignored, its a leftover from development. The other error is strange, line 91 of ImportModel.java is
[java]AssetKey assetKey = it.next();[/java] ... Dont know how this error should come from that? Its actually just copying the model data there, afterwards its trying to import the model.. Do you see the model correctly after you select it? The error happens when you press "finish", right?

The model doesn't get converted at all and yes, it's after hitting Finish that I get the error.

I can convert it by right clicking on the ogre xml file though. No error message, the model appear in model viewer.

I guess there is no "next"...

EDIT: done a proper reply... :/

So can you see the model in the preview? Whats the filenames of the models “parts”?