Project 'JmeTests' not appearing in jMP

Hello, I downloaded the latest jME SDK (alpha2) and attempted to create a new project by selecting the JmeTests template. The directory structure is created on disk, but yet jMP does not recognize the project afterwards. I tried closing & reopening jMP and still no luck.

I suspect I’m somehow missing a required plugin that is causing this issue, but sadly I have no idea what it would be. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Here’s my info, which may help diagnosis:

Product Version: jMonkeyPlatform Alpha-2

Java: 1.6.0_18; Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 16.0-b13

System: Windows 7 version 6.1 running on amd64; Cp1252; en_US (jmonkeyplatform)

Userdir: C:UsersxxxAppDataRoaming.jmonkeyplatformdev

Do you have a JDK installed? It is needed for jMP. Also, how do you try to open the projects after you created them?

Yep, I have JDK 1.6 installed. Isn’t it odd that the project isn’t automatically opened into jMP right after I select new project? I try to open it by selecting File->Open Project and also by clicking the GUI to open project. Neither option works.

It occurred to me though. I previously had a different version of jMP installed. Do you think there’s some sort of conflict? To remove the previous installation before I installed the alpha2 version, I simply removed the /jmonkeyplatform directory. Maybe there is some other place I need to clear out?

Yeah, try removing the settings folder, its location is described in the release blog post. Also look for a little warning sign in the lower right corner of jMP, it gives you more output when errors happen.

Yeah, try removing the settings folder, its location is described in the release blog post. Also look for a little warning sign in the lower right corner of jMP, it gives you more output when errors happen.

Cheers,

Normen

Yeah, try removing the settings folder, its location is described in the release blog post

Can you provide a link please? I seem to not be able to find this 'blog post' you speak of.

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/2010/08/29/jmonkeyengine-3-sdk-alpha-2-released/

Ahah! This guy was the culprit: C:UsersAppDataRoaming.jmonkeyplatform

After deleting this, jMP now loads projects such as JmeTests correctly.

Thanks mucho for the help Normen.