Projected grid water

wow!

hevee said:

Absolutely incredible! This is imho the most believable realtime-generated water I've seen so far. I assume the foam is an alpha-mapped overlay? How do you calculate the uv's for it? Will you eventually release the sources?

yes it's just an alpha-mapped overlay. it's just tiled with the same uv's as the normalmap and dudvmap used for reflection offsets. strength is based on normal and height of the water at every pixel...goal is to adjust that strength based on water depth when i enable the refraction rendering again...

mr coder, you're the best  :wink:

no i will allways come in second after Darkfrog s  :smiley:

Simply amazing. :slight_smile:

Mr. Coder is amazing…he even knows his place. :wink:

It really does look great man, but screenshots hardly do it justice I'm sure.  We'll soon revolt if we don't get a WebStart demo. :-p

darkfrog

the frog ist right  :wink:

i'll see if i can find time to do that…anyone got an apache server to host it?

We can dump a webstart link on the jme forum if you want. Just send me a pre-packaged directory that I can just drop onto the server and give people the link.

cool! thanks…

Sorry, cant say much about the water … i am simply to amazed ! Takes me already enough effort to shut my mouth again. (i dont even ask if i could get my hands on that code :wink: )

So another question…

how did you do that with the terrain ?

I mean the different textures ?

You implemented texture splatting ?

Todi said:

Sorry, cant say much about the water ... i am simply to amazed ! Takes me already enough effort to shut my mouth again.

ditto!!  :-o :)

Todi said:

So another question...
how did you do that with the terrain ?
I mean the different textures ?
You implemented texture splatting ?

yeah how did you do that

It was just a picture from his last vacation that he added a FPS counter on top of and stuck out to torture us. :-p

darkfrog

…aha…yeah!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

This amount of moisture cannot be good for computers.  :slight_smile:

thanks all!  :smiley:

yes i have implemented texture splatting…the alpha texture for the splats was painted in freeworld3d(the heightmap was made in that too)

for the time beeing it's 4 textures splatted + alphamap defining splats + detailmap + lightmap(lightmap calculated in realtime by the program)…one thing i need to do is brake it up into several passes so it can run on cards with max 4 texture units(like my sucky geforce 6800 go)…

This is soooooooo awesome. Definitely the best screenshots of realtime generated water I've ever seen.

Please, MrCoder, even if you should decide not to release the sourcecode of this, provide us with a library so we can all enjoy this "wavy wet wonder".

Really beautiful MrCode, very very awesome.

freeworld3d(the heightmap was made in that too)

This information just hearts, but its a catalist.

sigh now if only the open source jme had texture splatting…

But amazing water… simply amazing everything.

hopefully the "open source jme" will have lots of this stuff, but it's up to my boss how much i can share…i'll get back to you on that…(and offcourse i need to package it, and make the code readable etc s)