Proxy mesh for collisions

I want to apply a series of proxy meshes to characters to read body part to body part collisions during combat would it be enough to rigidly weight each mesh to their respective bones or should I export and attach them after import

huh :? whats proxy meshes? anyway I guess for dynamic physics “additions” joints would be a good idea… Depends on how much overhead computing a new collision shape would mean…

@normen said:
huh :? whats proxy meshes? anyway I guess for dynamic physics "additions" joints would be a good idea.. Depends on how much overhead computing a new collision shape would mean..

nah I'm thinking basic triangle collisions which doesn't work on deforming meshes the proxies will be culled aswell, I tested other solutions after ragdolls produced inconsistent results and culled attachments node, jme boxes, in my tests gave me the requirred result, I thinking I can also use normals to refine hit reaction

all I want to know is if binding each mesh to one bone a weight 1.0 will be enough to not have jme treat as a deforming mesh or should I export the character and collision geoms seperately and build my collision model in code with attachment nodes like I did in my tests with the boxes

I still don’t know what this is about exactly I think but if its about animation, yes, if the vertices are only tied to one bone with weight 1.0 they will basically be locked to it.