Question About Scenes?

I made a j3o file, and placed multiple other j3o files inside it.
How can I find these files? I’ve looked through the tutorials and can’t find them.
I tried using the getChild method on the loaded scene, but had no luck.
When I place a model in the scene, how can I find it? According to the Scene Composer, it is called World1 with Extension j3o.
[java]
map = (Node)assetManager.loadModel(“Scenes/World1.j3o”);
Node terrain = new Node();
terrain = (Node) map.getChild(“World1.j3o”);
rootNode.attachChild(map);
[/java]

That code doesn’t work. Any ideas?

try
[java]
terrain = (Node) map.getChild(“World1”);
[/java]

.j3o is the filename, getChild is getting a child from the scenegraph. Maybe you should re-read the tutorials as there seem to be some severe misunderstandings on your side.
The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless theres emotes that hint otherwise or theres an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.

That gave me an error saying “Supplied Spatial Must Be Node Or Geometry!”

So, here is what I did.
My Scene is called World1.j3o

I put another j3o file, also called World1, into it. That file was built off a mesh.xml
And another piece of geometry, called “Flag.j3o” was put into it.

My game works 100%, the problem is I am trying to make maps out of scenes, so that I can have preset spawn, and finish points (it’s an obstacle course)
So, when I add a j3o file into another, it becomes a node, put inside it. So, what are the nodes named when I put them inside? Whatever the j3o is called? (without extension)?

Edit: My files are name.mesh.j3o
When I used getChild(“Flag”) for my flag, it told me I couldn’t cast geometry to a node.
So I need to convert it…?

Figured it out. Very nice scene editor in jmonkey I’ve gotta say.
Only thing I dislike is how both scrollwheel directions zoom out. Maybe make the + and - keys also do that, as a workaround for the unsupported mouse drivers.