Question about the CollisionMesh

Hello, i’m kinda new here so i’m not really sure if this is the right place to post this.

I have a question about the TestHoveringTank class in the sdk examples

(http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/browse/trunk/engine/src/test/jme3test/bullet/TestHoveringTank.java)

in the buildPlayer() method the collision shape for the tank is set to CollisionShapeFactory.createDynamicMeshShape(), its very taxing of the CPU but works well.

When i change that to CollisionShapeFactory.createMeshShape, its much better on the CPU but i get an occasional bug, the tank falls through the terrain when i jump from a ramp.

So my question is why does this happen and how do i prevent that from happening(other then killing my CPU with the Dynamic mesh :P) ?

Thanks in advance

perhaps try a simple collision shape (box, sphere, cylinder), or a CompoundCollisionshape consisting of simple collision shapes, mesh-mesh collisions don’t function properly

Mesh shapes do not collide with mesh shapes, the dynamic mesh shape is a hull, the most ideal convex shape you can get out of the mesh.

thx for the fast response

i try to set something up with a cylinder or something and see what i come up with