Question involving custom user data in the scene composer

So I have two classes as follow:

[java]public abstract class C1 implements Savable{ … }
public abstract class C2 extends C1{ … }[/java]

When I want to add C2 as a custom user data to a spatial in the scene composer, everything works fine until I get to the point of customizing my variables. At that point, I would expect all global variables from C1 and C2 to be showed, however only the variables from C2 are there. Would there be any way to make it so you can customize variables from both classes, since one class extends the other?

Also a side question; if I fill in all the blanks for the variables, press OK, and go back to edit that same user data I just created, the fields for the variables are empty. Is this normal behavior or is this me not saving my user data properly?[/java]

Sorry, meant it to be:

[java]public abstract class C1 implements Savable{ … }
public class C2 extends C1{ … }[/java]

Bump. Would anyone know if this is possible?

for your first question I thought it would work, but I can’t remember, however, what you can do is to override the accessors in the subclass and it should work as a workaround.

for your second question it has been fixed, but, you can only have the fix if you build the sdk yourself, since nightly is broken.

Thank you for the reply! For the second question, I think I’ll be patient and wait for the fix to be pushed on the stable version, since I realised that the data was saved, just didn’t update in the UI. All I have to do is remember what values I put in :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regarding the user data inheritance, overriding the accessors didn’t work. The only workaround that “worked” was to declare the variable in the subclass. However at this point it makes inheritance useless since that hides the variable in the super class.

@Fadorico said: Thank you for the reply! For the second question, I think I'll be patient and wait for the fix to be pushed on the stable version, since I realised that the data was saved, just didn't update in the UI. All I have to do is remember what values I put in ;-P

Regarding the user data inheritance, overriding the accessors didn’t work. The only workaround that “worked” was to declare the variable in the subclass. However at this point it makes inheritance useless since that hides the variable in the super class.

Where the variables are declared shouldn’t matter given how the properties are looked up. So something is very strange here.