Questions? Upcoming interview with Tobias of Turborilla.com

We are going to do an exclusive JME community interview with independent game developer Tobias from Turborilla, makers of recently spotlighted Mad Skills Motocross. The game is powered by jMonkeyEngine, but naturally it also features several super neat custom systems.

Personally I will be covering more general aspects of game design and challenges of independent development, so it is up to you to put the heat on Tobias in regards to the technicalities, such as anything in regards to the use of JME, or inquiries about some of the coolest custom systems such as the physics or the level editor.

The date for our interview is not yet set, but it will most likely happen this weekend already, any day really! We might be able to hold it off until the weekend though, but hurry!

Post your questions!

Well I didn’t receive any questions beyond the pre-existing ones I could find in a couple forum posts, so do excuse me if you do not find this interview to get as deeply in to the technical details as you would have liked it to. In spite of that it is a lengthy one!

Happy reading.

If you got any comments or questions that encourage discussion this would be a better place to drop-em than the blog.

Well, thanks for that interview. It's very interesting and motivating. You were doing a great job on that!

Have there been other interviews in the past?

Custom said:

Well, thanks for that interview. It's very interesting and motivating. You were doing a great job on that!
Have there been other interviews in the past?
Thanks! To my knowledge there have not been other interviews in the past. I plan to do more though, as these talks hold great value to me as a designer as well. It seems I will have to keep reiterating this though: I am mostly concerned with the high-level workings of a game and its associated project, and do not have the best eye for core technical details to further inquire about, hence I will never ask such questions unless someone gives me a couple pointers for what they would like to know.

A new interview should be coming up fairly soon actually.

Hi,

perhaps it would be interesting how much rewrite / customization JME needed for a game, especially which parts of JME. (e.g. Tobias mentioned the Sound System of JME isnt usable / needs much bugfixing).

It would give hints where the devs (jme3, too) could develop something like a plugin system, where customization is designated. E.g. I remember that Ogre has diverent scenegraph "sorters" or something like that, depending on the gametype.

Regards,

snare