Quick note about ”julliet123”

For those who have received a message from one “julliet123”, which is obviously (I hope) a spammer, I just figured I’d let everyone know: This user was promptly banned, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks to those who reported it.

:heartbroken: </3

suddenly I am single again :frowning:

1 Like

If only I could be scammed again, it will bring me infinite happiness :o

lol, I 've just denied “juliet” 's propose. What kind of “romeo” am I?

Juliet is dead? OMG #hate #spam

Yeah, got the message, too.

If it happens again, what is the proper way to report it? Just PM someone from the team?

I’m seeing her in Sunday:) I’m so exited!

Edit: For anyone googling me, the above is a bad joke.

And here I was thinking I finally found my long lost love :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm, I think “she” made a new account called: “julie123”, because I’ve received a message from that account about an hour and a half ago.

And I’m quite certain that’s spam too :stuck_out_tongue:

I got it… too bad, I thought I had found my true love :frowning:

Thanks for banning her/it :wink:

Actually… it’s “julie123” that messaged me, and only 31 mins ago… guess there’s more of them.

Can you add a new CAPTCHA to wordpress registration maybe?

I got a message from julie123 as well, about 49 minutes ago…

Just changed the account’s password :wink:

1 Like

Thx for banning her/him/it … I’ve just returned to these forums after a long hiatus and what is the first thing I get, spammed … lol

Cheers.

@JavaJeff said:
Thx for banning her/him/it ... I've just returned to these forums after a long hiatus and what is the first thing I get, spammed ... lol

The lesson here I think is to never stray too long ;)

@Tr3kk3r said:
Yeah, got the message, too.

If it happens again, what is the proper way to report it? Just PM someone from the team?

That's exactly the right course of action :)

I noticed just now that I also got a mail. I think it said 20 hours ago before I deleted it.

and i had hoped for a real fan heartbroken… i’ll just crawl back under my rock… xD

(btw, i dont check my mails so offen so i noticed 2-3 days later… lol… she will probably wont date me now, eh?)

cheers…

but… why Jmonkey was choosed for bot spam ;/

we must produce our own antibot bot!

http://www.me.gatech.edu/images/robojackets3.gif