Quick q

quick q if 3-4 models were intiated in the same spot that would give grounds for a runtime error??

after adding a sphere to a capsule linked i think the frame rate drops in the beginning of the app could this be the actual issue??

I would not think that would cause a runtime error, but it very well might. What do you mean by "sphere to a capsule linked"? Do you mean you connected them with a joint?

It's generally a good idea to "warm up" the physics engine, much like particles, to help remove the low framerate when first starting.

nymon said:

I would not think that would cause a runtime error, but it very well might. What do you mean by "sphere to a capsule linked"? Do you mean you connected them with a joint?

It's generally a good idea to "warm up" the physics engine, much like particles, to help remove the low framerate when first starting.

ahh okay so it may be normal for a couple lock ups in the begining okay cool thx

yeah I joined them with a link

If I initiate more that 3 characters without setting different translations jme crashes despite thier only being those 4+ characters and a small block for surface set in the whole scene

Yeah, the physics engine doesn't like intersecting bodies on initialization. It will use enormous forces to rectify it, which causes flying objects and could very well cause you runtime error.

nymon said:

Yeah, the physics engine doesn't like intersecting bodies on initialization. It will use enormous forces to rectify it, which causes flying objects and could very well cause you runtime error.

okay cool but heres another question if I scale it before I do anything physics wise i've realized for some reason now if i don't scale it down i get an internal ode error (invalid operation for locked space ....collision_space.cpp:71) I get collision_space.cpp:60 under other conditions that I can't remember to reproduce right now

well actually its very odd both only happens sometimes their not continuous.

The only advice I can offer here is to scale your models before setting up the physics bodies and joints. Joints WILL NOT scale in size with your models. Also, read up on the ODE users guide. ODE prefers everything to be scaled to around 1.0.