Ragdoll Control

I just worked through the Physics tutorials, and the one on Physical Hinges and Joints notes that forces may be directly applied to joints using the enableMotor() method. However, this method only appears to be in HingeJoint. I was attempting to modify the ragdoll physics example to animate the ragdoll with forces, but the ragdoll uses ConeJoint, which doesn’t use enableMotor().

In order to control the movement of the limbs of a ragdoll attached with ConeJoints, would I need to apply forces directly to the limb nodes? This seems very clunky. Is there a way to apply forces to ConeJoints?

Why do you want to animate the character via moving physics bones? You won’t manage to make it walk by that or something, thats a whole area of research and the results look like this :wink:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASoCJTYgYB0[/video]

To animate a character while allowing it to push away physics objects look at TestKinematicCharacter / TestBoneRagdoll

“Euphoria” (which is used in GTA4 and others) also doesn’t really simulate physics , only a subset of calculations. Try using the SixDofJoint instead of a ConeJoint if you actually want to move the joint via motors.
The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless there’s emotes that hint otherwise or there’s an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.

One of my interests in using JME was to replicate and extend this type of research:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBgG_VSP7f8[/video]

Some of the joints are hinges, but others obviously have more degrees of freedom. I want the type of joint between body parts to be an evolvable parameter. I’ll check out SixDofJoint…is there a working example that uses this somewhere?

Thanks.

1 Like

Not really apart from the bone ragdoll but it works like the bullet original :slight_smile:
The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless there’s emotes that hint otherwise or there’s an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.