Real time sunlight analysis based on jMonkey

I have planned to write a sunlight analysis program based on jMonkey. when I finished, I found it worked really effective and could realize real time analysis. when I move the box the results changs, and the amount of the samples also can be changed real time (you can see in the vidwo). I think if I amend the ray collision a little, it will work faster.

I major in Architecture. This real time program could be really useful in the building environment design.  I can change the shape of the building and see the influence to the enviroment immediately. The next step, I am going to mix this with genetic algorithm, make the computer generate the building automatically.

Here are some pictures:

Here is the video:

Su navegador no soporta objetos flash

If you can not see, here  is my website:

http://double1984.jimdo.com/2010/08/15/sunlight-analysis

Looks cool. I am not quite sure if I understood what it does, but it reminds me of the MAPP software by Meyer Sound :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Normen

normen said:

Looks cool. I am not quite sure if I understood what it does, but it reminds me of the MAPP software by Meyer Sound :)
Cheers,
Normen

MAPP seems like something about sound, and this is about light. :D

Looks pretty cool :slight_smile: What's the hit on the fps? Also, why are the blocks 'emitting' sunlight? Are they just rebounding the light or something? Are you going to release the source?

InfernoZeus said:

Looks pretty cool :) What's the hit on the fps? Also, why are the blocks 'emitting' sunlight? Are they just rebounding the light or something? Are you going to release the source?

The fps is jmonkey's default information, and I'm not quite sure about it.  The fps goes down when the program is processing the sunLight analysis.
The blocks are not 'emitting' sunlights. Actually, the colors shows how many sunlights they 'block' per day. if the blocks stand for buildings, the dark red color means the area can not receive any sunshine in one day. The yellow area can receive 1~2 hours sunshine, and the green is about 3 hours. These information can make sure that every room, especially the rooms on the ground floor, can receive enough sunshine every day, not always in the shade of the other buildings.
I'm glad to release the codes, but at  present, the codes are fuzzy, and all the annotations were wirtten in Chinese(I'm a Chinese student :D). I need sometime to arrange the codes and annotations.
double1984 said:

InfernoZeus said:

Looks pretty cool :) What's the hit on the fps? Also, why are the blocks 'emitting' sunlight? Are they just rebounding the light or something? Are you going to release the source?

The fps is jmonkey's default information, and I'm not quite sure about it.  The fps goes down when the program is processing the sunLight analysis.
The blocks are not 'emitting' sunlights. Actually, the colors shows how many sunlights they 'block' per day. if the blocks stand for buildings, the dark red color means the area can not receive any sunshine in one day. The yellow area can receive 1~2 hours sunshine, and the green is about 3 hours. These information can make sure that every room, especially the rooms on the ground floor, can receive enough sunshine every day, not always in the shade of the other buildings.
I'm glad to release the codes, but at  present, the codes are fuzzy, and all the annotations were wirtten in Chinese(I'm a Chinese student :D). I need sometime to arrange the codes and annotations.

Alright, sounds pretty cool - I'll definitely have a dig around when you release the code :)
double1984 said:

MAPP seems like something about sound, and this is about light. :D

Well that much I did understand ;) With your other explanation I now also understand what your software is about :)