Really weird texture quality problem

ok, im having really weird texture quality problem will my collada model. heres a pic shows u what im talking about

the left one is what i c when i load the model in the engine. the right one is what i c if i render it from maya.

whats the problem here? im not doing anything besides using ColladaImporter.getModel()

im thinking maybe this is caused by the camera? coz it seems that the textures get blured. when i zoom in as close as possible, the textures become what they should look like.

is there any ways to solve this?

Have you tried playing with different mipmap and filtering settings? And perhaps disabling S3TC texture compression? (if that gets enabled by default, I'm not sureā€¦)

I ended up writing my own modelloader wrapper that took mipmap setting as an argument, because some objects needed different settings.

collada loader loads in the model with highest filter quality. but anisolevel 0. that shouldn be the problem though.

thx anyways

You might have a procedurally generated noise texture added in maya for the grainy effect. You can search the collada file for the texture file name and see how it is exported. Also it could be useful to see what that texture looks like in photoshop.

lex said:

You might have a procedurally generated noise texture added in maya for the grainy effect. You can search the collada file for the texture file name and see how it is exported. Also it could be useful to see what that texture looks like in photoshop.

the texture looks like what it appears to be in maya but not in the engine.

I would try loading that texture on a quad. That would eliminate any possible exporter/importer problems. Also you can try loading it with and without compression and different anisotropic levels and filtering settings.