Recruiting board/form/application

Hey,

I’m just wondering whether jmonkeyengine.com deals with recruitment, and also how you go about doing that around here. My best guess would be the forum, but from what I see you have no forum-board specifically directed towards this purpose.

So I’m wondering, where would be the appropriate place to post a request for a competent lead programmer? We have previously been using OGRE for our game programming, but a recent review of the code has resulted in the decision to start the coding from scratch, allowing as to review new game engines in the same process as we start looking for a new lead programmer.

P.S. We’re not beginners.

Our website, wiki and forum should support the above statement.

Sincerely,

Erlend “Sadr” S. Heggen, on behalf of the Radakan Development Crew

ooowwww,

but a recent review of the code has resulted in the decision to start the coding from scratch

And then lead got the boot??  thats gotta be an ego-crusher for them...

Sorry, not a constructive response just couldn't resist though...
basixs said:

Their website indicated that the former lead had educational priorities. Good for him! (But hard on the project)
basixs said:

ooowwww,

but a recent review of the code has resulted in the decision to start the coding from scratch

Sorry, not a constructive response just couldn't resist though...
Hehe, no, the lead programmer at the time didn't 'get the boot', at least not the way you imagine it I believe. He was aware of it himself that the programming department could need a more competent leader, even though he was competent enough to finish the game at some point, but we'd rather have someone who doesn't have to be self-taught that much as they go along, speeding up the development with his engine expertise and guidance. Our previous lead programmer will still be acting as a senior programmer, along with being the lead designer for the game concept.

Thats what I get for assuming 

Sorry…

Yup, that's the best place for it, your assuming skills are obviously far better than mine ;D

Well, you guys never really told me where to put this thread of mine, so now I’ve just put it in the place I found most suitable. Hope it doesn’t poke anyone in the eye.

Looking forward to hearing from many of you!