[Recruitment] h-star development (me) is looking for a level designer for hhexen

hi there,

since i am short on time, hhexen ist not progressing well. in order to prevent the development from dying, i need someone to play it, place items and enemies somewhere, playtest it, repeat.

you might make changes to the balancing, request new weapons to be coded and so on, i'll have enough time for that. the engine is pretty much finished, i can easily add more weapons, items, models, spells and so on. i just don't have enough time to make an actual game out of it. if you are interested, reply here

(wrong forum, might be moved?)

edited changed topic and icon to make it noticeable as a recruitment request

I would recommend any of the new monkeys around that are wondering how to even get started (or even have some time to spare) to take HoD's offer.  It will offer you some valuable insight (I am sure); his game looks really sharp and I wish I had time to give him (cant wait to have it up on the front page:-))

(For monkeys not familiar with Hexen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGf9Eut33-o )

(And the entire release thread: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=5535.0 )

we are sill looking for level designers (and level editor coders maybe), programmers and everything. the engine itself is stable and something i am proud of, but i don't have enough time to finish the game.

if i release it right now, it's only and endless killing orgy with an unlimited amount of enemies and levelups, cool buildings with stuff inside, a dungeon of unlimited size but no balancing or story

Very tempted to volunteer just to bring such an amazing looking Java game cloer to release.

hhexen needs to see the light of day!

if you're interested: icq 78723110

how can i make someone volunteer?

basixs said:

I would recommend any of the new monkeys around that are wondering how to even get started (or even have some time to spare) to take HoD's offer.  It will offer you some valuable insight (I am sure); his game looks really sharp and I wish I had time to give him (cant wait to have it up on the front page:-))

Awesome! I volunteer :). How can I help out? I have learned programming for few years, but haven't really done anything big yet. I also have minor experience with 3DsMax. I'm currently making my first game with JME and JGN for a school project. It should be up and running in a month. After that, I could commit to Hexen :).

What I have to do to join the project?

HamsterofDeath said:

how can i make someone volunteer?

Mini-cupcakes ;)
Henri said:

basixs said:

Awesome! I volunteer :). How can I help out? I have learned programming for few years, but haven't really done anything big yet. I also have minor experience with 3DsMax. I'm currently making my first game with JME and JGN for a school project. It should be up and running in a month. After that, I could commit to Hexen :).

What I have to do to join the project?

when you're done, contact me (icq 78723110)

as i said, the pieces are done, everything is working, the world just needs to be put together, playtested, finetuned, items placed and so on.
you might also do an inventory renderer. the choice is yours.

once again:

you are free to join the team. the following spots are open right now:

• level editor coder (easy job, i'll tell you how to do it, i just haven't got the time)
  • hud coder (at first, we need an in game 3d inventory)

another small offer

we made a morning star model

http://rapidshare.de/files/48059449/morningstar.zip.html

but the animations suck.

if anyone ever feels like improving animations, here you go.