Reference problems and first time use

Hi I’m new to JME and I went on creating a new project and a basic game and it comes up with a reference error when I click on resolve it comes up with.

“junit” library (in test1) must be defined

“junit_4” library (in test1) must be defined

“jme3” library (in test1) could not be found

Ive got java to work in eclipse as I’m currently learning the basics of java at the minute but I’m wanting to give this a look. Id appreciate any help thanks.

Use the SDK, particularly if you are just learning java so have no particular ties to eclipse.

@zarch said:
Use the SDK, particularly if you are just learning java so have no particular ties to eclipse.

If I dared I'd quote that 50 times. Use the SDK. Don't complicate your life more than you have to. It'll soon get complicated enough, do yourself a favor and use the SDK.

I know this might sound stupid but I am still pretty new, what do you mean by the SDK, im not trying to compile it in eclipse if thats what you think I meant, im just trying to get JME to work but its coming up with the errors ive mentioned.

Eclipse is an IDE. Netbeans is an IDE. The SDK is an IDE based on Netbeans. IDE means Integrated Development Environment.

To download the SDK click on this link, then click on the proper download (Mac/PC/Linux).

Uninstall Eclipse, install the SDK, etc…

PS: SDK = software development kit.

@madjack said:
Eclipse is an IDE. Netbeans is an IDE. The SDK is an IDE based on Netbeans. IDE means Integrated Development Environment.

To download the SDK click on this link, then click on the proper download (Mac/PC/Linux).

Uninstall Eclipse, install the SDK, etc...

PS: SDK = software development kit.

Why do I have to uninstall eclipse? Im using it to learn java at the minute

edit:
I just downloaded and installed it turns out I already had that SDK installed.

Okay, if I get you right you do have the jMonkeyEngine SDK installed, right? But you get these errors with a BasicGame project, correct?

Normally this only happens when you don’t have a JDK installed and then press “disable modules” in a popup on the startup of the SDK that warns about the missing SDK. Is that the case?

@normen said:
Okay, if I get you right you do have the jMonkeyEngine SDK installed, right? But you get these errors with a BasicGame project, correct?

Normally this only happens when you don't have a JDK installed and then press "disable modules" in a popup on the startup of the SDK that warns about the missing SDK. Is that the case?

I just went to install it and it says its already installed so it must be, and all I remember is when I launched JME is where to install it and where to save my creations which I have chosen a different drive to my main c drive.

The two junit imports you can ignore but the missing “jme3” is strange, its one of the core libraries of the SDK…? Can you look under Tools->Plugins and see what plugins are installed and if all are activated?

@normen said:
The two junit imports you can ignore but the missing "jme3" is strange, its one of the core libraries of the SDK..? Can you look under Tools->Plugins and see what plugins are installed and if all are activated?

Heres a screen shot....The image uploader is very weird it comes up with aload weird random images, I went to upload the screen shot and it keeps coming up with a different image that I really wouldnt want to upload onto the internet :S

well anyway theres 42 plugins that are all active.
@musclynerd said:
Heres a screen shot....

where? :)
Ah, they changed the layout, gotta scroll to the top right:
@normen said:
where? :)
Ah, they changed the layout, gotta scroll to the top right:

It wouldnt show the full screen but i gathered it was there so blinde clicked it,i went to upload the screen shot but then it showed an image of what i didnt click to upload :S

You gotta copy the html tag, anyway… Are the libraries “jMonkeyEngine3 Library” and “jMonkeyEngine3 External Libraries” in the list?

@normen said:
You gotta copy the html tag, anyway.. Are the libraries "jMonkeyEngine3 Library" and "jMonkeyEngine3 External Libraries" in the list?

Just looked yup they are both there
@musclynerd said:
Just looked yup they are both there

Okay but anyway if the junit references are still there you don't have the latest version yet anyway. So this is RC2, yes? Then Go to Help->Check for Updates and install all updates. After rebooting and installing the updates, check another time. Then create a new BasicGame project.
@normen said:
Okay but anyway if the junit references are still there you don't have the latest version yet anyway. So this is RC2, yes? Then Go to Help->Check for Updates and install all updates. After rebooting and installing the updates, check another time. Then create a new BasicGame project.

I updated something yesterday and thought that had updated it fully..well anyway after the update i restarted it then it came up with it again but this time when I clicked resolve it fixed all the problems and its no longer coming up with any errors so it appears to be working now thank you very much.

Now I just need to work on my java skills lol
@musclynerd said:
Now I just need to work on my java skills lol

Glad it worked out for you, hf learning :)