Release: 0.30

jME 0.30 is now in SVN.

Changelog

• Added animation system from jME2-OgreXML, going to improve it to fit jME3's design

• Added skeleton and animation loading to ogre plugin

• Import/Export support, binary and XML, using jME2's system. You can export models without materials only.

• Canvas rendering, for LWJGL only. Using Display.setParent() method

This is more of a in-between release. The next will should have skeletal animation with ogre, collision detection/response, material references inside binary models, and applet demos for some jME3 tests.

Nice work on all fronts, but especially:

Momoko_Fan said:
Canvas rendering, for LWJGL only. Using Display.setParent() method

I'll have to try this out :)

Mesh m = geoms.get(i).getMesh();
                // create bind pose

VertexBuffer bindPos = new VertexBuffer(Type.BindPosePosition);
                bindPos.setupData(Usage.Static, 3, Format.Float, BufferUtils.clone(m)

meshes[i] = m;
            }

it says BufferUtils.clone(..) cannot clone meshes...

Also some file seem to be missing -

g3dtools.deploy.PackerInputStream

g3dtools.deploy.PackerProgressListener

used by com.g3d.asset.pack.J3PCreator

Apart from after adding the libs required all is good  :D  looking forward to giving its wheels a kick

Thanks. I fixed the errors, update from svn.

Also I added a new GUI tool: DeployTool.

It helps compress your data files into J3P archives.

Nice to see progress.

Cool to see something like a packtool as in the past it was always a mess to me to get my application deployed.

And cool to see NO redcross on eclipse :smiley: Nevertheless for the TestOgreAnim there is still a problem with the Buffer-Clone.

The BufferUtil gets an DirectFloatBufferU which is not supported by the "generic-clone". This one is not part of the java-api and I don't know where to find it. But it seems it is extedning FloatBuffer. So I patched BufferUtils and it "worked". With a big BUT(t) :smiley:

First here the patch:

Index: src/com/g3d/util/BufferUtils.java
===================================================================
--- src/com/g3d/util/BufferUtils.java   (revision 4775)
+++ src/com/g3d/util/BufferUtils.java   (working copy)
@@ -72,7 +72,7 @@
     ////  -- GENERIC CLONE -- ////

public static Buffer clone(Buffer buf){
-        if (buf.getClass() == FloatBuffer.class){
+        if (buf instanceof FloatBuffer){
             return clone( (FloatBuffer) buf );
         }else if (buf.getClass() == ShortBuffer.class){
             return clone( (ShortBuffer) buf );

I just changed buf.getClass() == FloatBuffer.class to buf instanceof FloatBuffer. With this the testOgreAnim starts. The result a model without head. (Is that right?) No animation.
When Debugging the BufferUtils I also found out that there is in DirectFloatBufferU also a "viewedBuffer" (DirectByteBuffer). Maybe this does something different!? Sry, I have too less experiences yet with the Buffer-Stuff. Maybe that helped somehow!?

Actually I also started the walk-anim by adding this to the test-class:

((Model)model).setAnimation("Walk");

And it does something but I'm not sure what cause the model vanishes after a millisecond.

But nevertheless I'm glad the animation-stuff is coming now which makes jME3 more interesting for me.

Keep on rocking...

For me JmeSigner is refusing to build under eclipse galileo

A workaround for this may be to lower the problem from an error to a warning

Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Compiler -> Errors/Warnings

or  (Project) Properties -> Java Compiler -> Errors/Warnings

Locate and expand "Depricated and restrivted API" and change the forbidden reference from error to warning. The project will now build ok, I'm not sure if this part of it will run ok tho - I haven't tested as I don't do applets :slight_smile:

I had also the problem (with sun.security.tools.KeyTool) right?!

I just removed in the eclipse-buildpath the system-library and added it again, and then it works…!? :smiley:

I optimized the softwareSkinUpdate method in the animation system and it's now 5 times faster. I used an array cache for vertices and bone weights since accessing data from native buffers is very slow. As a result the main loop now only has multiplications, additions and array access, no method calls.

It now takes .3 milliseconds to update a 10,000 verts model with 15 bones. With distance-based frameskipping and multithreaded animation you could have many models on screen without having to resort to hardware skinning.

EDIT: New version available in SVN with animation support.

Cool…animationtest works perfect now!