Render Problems

hi… im having little render problems… I'm using SimpleGame coz its simple and I'm comfortable using it by the mean time… im having render problems in the sense that I've got lots of objects to load although I want them to load only on a certain point of time… for example… my scene is a main menu… then when the user selects something from out of the menu, the rootNode will detach all its children and render a new set of objects it shall use in the next seen… although I get exceptions… I solved this exceptions by rendering everything at program start and then just attaching what I need at a point in time and detaching everything else… but these slows up the startup time of my program execution… and I would like to ask also if it is possible to make somewhat a loading screen where it would catch exceptions as such and not show the next scene until all objects has been loaded and all exceptions satisfied…

You could have a look at StandargGame + Gamestates…

That's maybe excactly what you want… :wink:

Menu can be created with GBUI, FengGUI… or even Swing…

Have a look in the GUI section of this forum… :wink:

hi there… I'm already using GBUI… and I don't quite see on the examples they have given in the package and there is no such thing as a progressBar like swing has… I also tried swing a month ago… and until now I can't get a form appear in my window… so I decided to go with GBUI since BuiSystem more comfortable to use… although some controls isn't available unlike what swing has to give… plus the slick look Swing has to offer… I know CSS but as I search google for BSS references… I've got nothin…

anyway, as for my other problem… can you direct me to which part of the package should I take a look in… I tried browsing… but these are just too overwhelming… can't quite find what I'm looking for… sorry for being such a noob… and thanks for the help…

hi there.... I'm already using GBUI... and I don't quite see on the examples they have given in the package and there is no such thing as a progressBar like swing has... I also tried swing a month ago... and until now I can't get a form appear in my window... so I decided to go with GBUI since BuiSystem more comfortable to use... although some controls isn't available unlike what swing has to give... plus the slick look Swing has to offer... I know CSS but as I search google for BSS references... I've got nothin...

Have a look at Swing GUI editor in Netbeans or an Eclipse PlugIn...

anyway, as for my other problem... can you direct me to which part of the package should I take a look in... I tried browsing... but these are just too overwhelming... can't quite find what I'm looking for.... sorry for being such a noob... and thanks for the help...

Have a look at http://code.google.com/p/gbui/wiki/CreatingYourJmeInterfaceUsingGbui

No problem ;)

^ haha… sorry but when I asked "could you direct me"… I was referring to the GameStates you were talking about previously… the link you've directed me is one of the pages I've already read… I can't say that I'm now a pro in GBUI… but I could tell I'm already comfortable using it… so I've no need for that link… sorry… thanks again anyways…

oh okay… Gamestates:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chapter_17_-_game_states

I hope you haven’t read them already :smiley:

Or this very nice article:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=standardgame_gamestates_and_multithreading_a_new_way_of_thinking

If they don’t help… I can’t help… :wink:

But hope you enjoy the work with jME :wink:

of course you've helped me a lot already… LOL xD

right, I haven't read these… so that means you have helped much… LOL…

edit:

wow… these really helped me… I didn't think multi threading is possible in OpenGL state… thank you very much