REPORT: All hub.jmonkeyengine.org website issues

ncomp said:
seconded....

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forums now works almost just as fine for me as the old "all unread", we will look further for more solutions or improve the current "unread" plugin (which is very simple).
Cheers,
Normen
normen said:
I installed a very simple plugin that marks the last 200 posts you have read (the little "scrap'o'paper" before every post), but you cannot set "all read" or something. Still, for me it works well when I load hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forums (click directly on "Forums" in the menu) and can look at all latest posts with this info.
The smiley is used for stats counting, no worries ;)

As far as i'm concern this is doing the 'Unread post view" trick very well.
Thanks Normen
normen said:
Something I consider a bug: When you select "my topics" in the main forum view and then go to a group forum you only see your posts as well. Thats confusing..

I found out that this also accounts for the ordering of posts, I now "fixed" this by including the "all topics" / "my topics" bar in the group forums as well.

Hi!

I am trying to re-read my 1st post on this topic, but it only shows the last reply:

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/physics/forum/topic/playerjump-fails-and-sometimes-it-jumps-on-air-more-than-once/

is that a bug or I am missing something?

btw, I think we just need to get accustomed to the new layout, but it is still giving me headaches :smiley: :(, I would really like to change the white background to something more easy to look at, may be it is part of the headache exception I am having xD :open_mouth: :>

I think that post got lost, sorry. I still dont know why that happened for some posts… Counting yours thats now two missing first posts… Well, thats moving, something always gets lost :wink:

About the layout, I want to get a green shade into the central white area as well (for the now grey headlines etc.) Personally, I like to read text on the white background better…

Cheers,

Normen

A couple of things that I’ve noticed:

1. The links in the header seem to be a bit dull, personally I think they could do with a bit of brightening up.
  2. The alpha value of the drop down menus is too low, it get’s confusing when you’re trying to read some text over other text.
  3. The RSS icon and text underneath the reply box needs a bit of padding from the “tweet this message” text.

Another real bug I found: Sticky topics. They are not sticky on page 1 of the forum but on the page they are on. Meaning that when a sticky post would be post #21 it slips to page 2 and is sticky there until its #41 and slips to page 3, kind of funny :slight_smile:

Kind of defeats the purpose of being sticky. I’m surprised something like this exists in BP, is it a known issue?

Just a small thing I noticed:

the favicon is gone. Would be cool if you could add it again.

Creativ said:
Just a small thing I noticed:
the favicon is gone. Would be cool if you could add it again.

Hmm, I thought we'd put that back already.. I'll get right on it.

@normen do you think the smileys are a little creepy?

Edit: Bonus points for anyone who makes a jME monkey smiley pack
sbook said:
@normen do you think the smileys are a little creepy?
Edit: Bonus points for anyone who makes a jME monkey smiley pack

Lol, right:
:) :annoyed: :amused: :D :P :o :x :| ;) :?: :arrow: :twisted: 8O 8)

Monkeys would be so cool :!: ^^ :idea:

maybe its just me, but I,m finding the new boards hard to read i.e. hard on my eyes (color/fonts)

I also dont particularly dig the “menu” approach to listing the forums…don’t know… it just feels like an annoying extra step…to me… some how…I’ll get used to some… of it…if I must, but I find myself actively avoiding the jme boards due to these issues

edit: also where are the smileys

mcbeth said:
I also dont particularly dig the "menu" approach to listing the forums
edit: also where are the smileys

Theres a forum list now for all list fans: http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forums-index
The smileys can only be generated using ancient 1337 techniques that I cannot reveal here :P

Hi there.

Two things i have noticed:

At the topiclist you can’t see, who started the thread - I always look for topics started by the well known people.

Second is, on my Android.phone, if I pic a topic eg on page 2 (which is loaded by ajax) the topic is shown in a new page. If I go back to the topics, then I am on page 1 again.

But overall, you did a nice job.

Regards

Snare

snareoj2 said:
Second is, on my Android.phone, if I pic a topic eg on page 2 (which is loaded by ajax) the topic is shown in a new page. If I go back to the topics, then I am on page 1 again.

I guess this is because of the memory limits of your phone. When loading the post page the forums page is removed from memory and so its reloaded when you go back.

Um,ok. It is a HTC desire. I’ll live with that…

It would be nice to have a “Preview” button when posting, so you know how it will look like.

Momoko_Fan said:
It would be nice to have a "Preview" button when posting, so you know how it will look like.
Yep, that one's been frequently requested.

If someone's interested in brushing up their PHP skills, they could have a look at converting this bbPress plugin into a BuddyPress plugin:
http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/live-comment-preview/

As you might have noticed, I replaced the “real name” display in the forum in favor of the username. I think this makes it easier using the @username syntax.

Yep, you’re right. Maybe I’ll request that they implement a merge of the two, so that you may easily see both.