Repurposing/retiring Groups, aka Projects

If you have a project listed on our site, please back up any info you’d like to hold on to. Which, is basically just your description because I never quite figured out the right way to make good use of project so there’s not much precious content to speak of :smiley:

This is unrelated to project-specific forums (like for Zay-ES and tonegodGUI). Those will remain unchanged.

I’m gonna make a last attempt to repurpose Groups as something very simple and more suited to its capabilities, but in all likelihood it will eventually be retired completely, as will BuddyPress as a whole.

Expect a blog post explaining our web roadmap in greater detail soon.

3 Likes

Hopefully this goes smoothly for you! Good luck with the effort.

Any chance of getting wiki editing back while your at it? =P

For the groups like Mythruna, will the forum section continue to exist or does that get wiped out, too.

As an aside, if it continues to exist then I think for most the description is in both places. So unless the group description was changed separately or something then even that shouldn’t require backing up.

Speaking of group descriptions… no one except mods have access to this anyways, so it’s virtually pointless for the rest of us… The is no way of changing icon, description, making sticky posts, no of it is accessible, or ever has been.

@pspeed said: For the groups like Mythruna, will the forum section continue to exist or does that get wiped out, too.
Forum section will continue to exist, yes.

@t0neg0d you do have admin access to your group. But yes, there’s hardly anything to fish out of there. I’m just making sure I haven’t missed anything.