Resolution changed... what now?

I couldn’t find a method to call to tell the gui that the resolution is different. Is this an omission or it’s not there yet?

So far all my attempt to fix this inside my game have met failure after failure. :confused:

I guess I’ll tag @t0neg0d :stuck_out_tongue:

I think thats taken care of with:
[java]
screen.setGlobalUIScale(widthScale, heightScale);
[/java]

That’s unfair!

That was added 16 hours ago! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@madjack
=) I’ve actually been dreading when you would ask this question, because I was unsure how to deal with it until just recently.

I’ve found a couple issues with this already… and I’ll get them fixed up. They are (at least the ones I have found):

• The highlight element of menus, comboboxes, selectboxes don’t seem to update properly.
  • Which means that any element that is currently not referenced in it’s parent children list will have this issue as well. Not sure how to deal with this one.
  • There is something wrong with the Label class that goes beyond this, however, I’m not quite sure what the issues is. Needless to say, using setGlobalUIScale made it very noticeable. I’ll try and get this fixed quickly.

EDIT: For my reference on the Label issue… Labels seem to react as if they all have the same ID (the last label added will respond correctly, however all other labels prior to this one stopping reacting to scaling, docking, etc)

BTW Chris, if you want feedback on the subject let me know. I could make a list of what I see wrong or I could make a quick video showcasing a resolution change and the funky stuff related to it. XD

Just let me know if you do.

@madjack said: BTW Chris, if you want feedback on the subject let me know. I could make a list of what I see wrong or I could make a quick video showcasing a resolution change and the funky stuff related to it. XD

Just let me know if you do.

Please do… I know of a few things. But I haven’t actually applied a resolution change to see what would happen.

Tomorrow, I’ll do that.

Well, when things start diving into hell, it’s usually a bad sign…

That’s to say I found some issues and had to fix those. Add to that the video I recorded went to hell too and well… I’ll have to (re)do it another day. Hopefully I’ll be able to get it all working as it should by Monday.

1 Like
@madjack said: Well, when things start diving into hell, it's usually a bad sign...

That’s to say I found some issues and had to fix those. Add to that the video I recorded went to hell too and well… I’ll have to (re)do it another day. Hopefully I’ll be able to get it all working as it should by Monday.

If there is anything I can do from this side to make life easier… just yell at me. I don’t have a test for switching screen res in place at the moment, but I still remember where you posted how to do this and could put something together if that’ll help and let you focus on other things. If this is a yes… then a list of issues that you have seen should be enough for me to be able to figure out how to get this implemented with resolution switches in mind.